TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt SOS based off of CBS rankings

1. Default Re: Sun Belt SOS based off of CBS rankings

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    Alabama plays Ark St., UL, AND The Citadel this season? How'd they get away with that?
    “THEY AINT PLAY NOBODY PAWL!!!”

Default Re: Sun Belt SOS based off of CBS rankings

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    “THEY AINT PLAY NOBODY PAWL!!!”
    Gotta get the extension on there "PAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL"

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    Alabama plays Ark St., UL, AND The Citadel this season? How'd they get away with that?

hell. UGA plays austin peay state, umass and middle tennessee. haha

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I don't see how Ark St is so low then. They play Bama, an AAC, and a MWC. We play Clemson and two low level independents.
    It is not a mystery it is based off the rankings. Simple math.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I can see the Troy, Ark St, and Appy game as games that should always be close and therefore no shame in losing to any of them (unless it's an every year sort of thing). I can forsee years where we could potentially lose to all three at the same time and not make it to your magical minimum of at least 6 SB wins. Especially when every other year, two of those three games are on the road. I'm not saying I'll like it, but am not calling for the coach to be immediately fired if it happens.

We can think that we are the high and mighty GS Eagles and we should never lose to anyone, and we can say that the SunBelt inhales vigorously and we are leaps and bounds better than everyone, but the reality is that we are not a superpower playing against pop warner teams like many of you appear to believe. 9 or 10 wins a season is not a birth right, and there are going to be times when we are 7-5 or 8-4 and everything will be just fine. We don't need to be firing a coach just because he went 7-5 once (which is basically what you said in your post).
    Wow min seven wins in the worst conference in the FBS with an FCS game and two G5 games is a hard goal all while we consistently recruit second only to ArkSt is some high standard ....who knew. This from a guy that bashed the Belt to no end when we were in the SuKon this is rich.

Also I did not say half the stuff your rant has in it, sooooo yeah. The Sun Belt does stink and stinks bad as of now, I never said 9 to 10 wins is our birthright, I never said we have separated from the pack in the Belt we are one of the better program in the Belt but still below average even for the G5 just four years in. GS and GSU should separate down the road with huge recruiting advantages we have and we would have if TK had made better choices with the HC position. Either by seeing the value in Fritz or not hiring a guy that was not ready to coach a Pop Warner team much less a DIV I FBS team. When someone says "that is what you basically said" it means I am going to try and make an argument of my interpretation of what you said instead of what you actually said. If you cant win in the worst conference in the FBS, with an FCS and only playing
    one P5 in one of the most talent rich areas in the country with more than adequate facilities and budget with your peers you are not a good coach, the end. The min is 7 which is the first thing I agreed with. ArkSt will not be on the schedule every year either.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Wow min seven wins in the worst conference in the FBS with an FCS game and two G5 games is a hard goal all while we consistently recruit second only to ArkSt is some high standard ....who knew. This from a guy that bashed the Belt to no end when we were in the SuKon this is rich.

Also I did not say half the stuff your rant has in it, sooooo yeah. The Sun Belt does stink and stinks bad as of now, I never said 9 to 10 wins is our birthright, I never said we have separated from the pack in the Belt we are one of the better program in the Belt but still below average even for the G5 just four years in. GS and GSU should separate down the road with huge recruiting advantages we have and we would have if TK had made better choices with the HC position. Either by seeing the value in Fritz or not hiring a guy that was not ready to coach a Pop Warner team much less a DIV I FBS team. When someone says "that is what you basically said" it means I am going to try and make an argument of my interpretation of what you said instead of what you actually said. If you cant win in the worst conference in the FBS, with an FCS and only playing
    one P5 in one of the most talent rich areas in the country with more than adequate facilities and budget with your peers you are not a good coach, the end. The min is 7 which is the first thing I agreed with. ArkSt will not be on the schedule every year either.
    I love how you continue to bring up an opinion that I had almost a decade ago like I said it yesterday.

Anyway... so I'll take the "basically" out of it and comment about what you actually said "If a coach at minimum cant win the FCSgame, win at least 6 of 8 Belt games and split the G5 games please fireyourself because you are in the wrong profession. " So in your on words, the minute coach doesn't win 6 games in the SBC he should "fire himself". Let's count how many wins you said he should have at a minimum for the year..... FCS (1) + (6) SBC games + split G5 games (1) = 8 games. So, IN YOUR OWN WORDS... (notice I took out the "basically") if a HC for GS doesn't win a minimum of 8 games he should be immediately fired and it should be so embarrassing that he should take it on is own to fire himself and change professions.

I didn't say I liked or expected to see a lot of 7 win seasons. I simply said that I could envision scenario where a 7 win season didn't mean the world was coming to an end and we needed to fire everyone associated with it.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

7. Default Re: Sun Belt SOS based off of CBS rankings

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post

We should never be lower than a 7 win team solely based off the fact we are in the sun belt.
    +1

Especially, if our recruiting remains near the top of the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I love how you continue to bring up an opinion that I had almost a decade ago like I said it yesterday.

Anyway... so I'll take the "basically" out of it and comment about what you actually said "If a coach at minimum cant win the FCSgame, win at least 6 of 8 Belt games and split the G5 games please fireyourself because you are in the wrong profession. " So in your on words, the minute coach doesn't win 6 games in the SBC he should "fire himself". Let's count how many wins you said he should have at a minimum for the year..... FCS (1) + (6) SBC games + split G5 games (1) = 8 games. So, IN YOUR OWN WORDS... (notice I took out the "basically") if a HC for GS doesn't win a minimum of 8 games he should be immediately fired and it should be so embarrassing that he should take it on is own to fire himself and change professions.

I didn't say I liked or expected to see a lot of 7 win seasons. I simply said that I could envision scenario where a 7 win season didn't mean the world was coming to an end and we needed to fire everyone associated with it.
    Nor did I say ONE 7 win season was auto firing sooo again who are you arguing with or do you want to put more words in my mouth so you can try and make a weak attempt at another incoherent sanctimonious rant? Also if we were in the SuKon still you would still be whining about the Belt, must be nice to adjust your opinions at will so you dont look quite as ignorant. You are as status quo as Baker ever was.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

Especially, if our recruiting remains near the top of the conference.
    OUTRAGEOUS STANDARDS!!! This fanbase is is ludicrous and makes AL fans look tame I swear.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Nor did I say ONE 7 win season was auto firing sooo again who are you arguing with or do you want to put more words in my mouth so you can try and make a weak attempt at another incoherent sanctimonious rant? Also if we were in the SuKon still you would still be whining about the Belt, must be nice to adjust your opinions at will so you dont look quite as ignorant. You are as status quo as Baker ever was.
    I don't need to put words in you mouth when they are quoted in this thread multiple times. You said "at a minimum" that if he didn't win 8 games that he should fire himself because he's in the wrong profession. So now after you've been called out about it, we are supposed to take your quote and assume that you meant after several years of not reaching that minimum is when he should fire himself? See here's the problem with that...minimum by definition means "the least or smallest amount or quantity possible, attainable, or required". So if you really believed your minimum (that you yourself bolded) was a real minimum then you would also be saying that ONE 7 (7 is under your minimum of 8) win season would not only be grounds for firing, but would be so embarrassing that he should fire himself and leave the profession.

And there you go back to talking about a 10 year old argument because you're losing the current one. Talk about a broken record.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive