TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt SOS based off of CBS rankings

Default Re: Sun Belt SOS based off of CBS rankings

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I don't think anyone (unless JDC IS actually saying this) would seriously demand a coach's firing after ONE 6-win season, but I think most would agree that the very real and reasonable expectation is that this program given our advantages and the level of conference competition should regularly exceed 7 wins and average at least 7 over the long term (as clearly implied in our contract terms) and consecutive sub-7 win seasons should be unacceptable to the point of potential firing in the absence of extraordinary circumstances.
    Common sense is not some people's strength, you have to factor in things like that.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I love how people keep saying "we're in the SunBelt" and using that as a reason why we should automatically win 7 games...

Newsflash... we're not a displaced SEC team playing in the SunBelt (we're not even an AAC team). WE ARE A SunBelt team...with a ****ty athletic budget at that.

Do we have a great history? Sure. Do we have a nice campus and decent FB facilities. Sure? Good recruiting base? Sure. But we're still a Sun Belt level program competing against folks on a pretty much level playing field.
    A budget that is above the DIV I average and increased by over 10M in less four years this with the new restrictions on allocated money. We went from second to last to mid pack Belt over teams that have been in the FBS for decades. Also how much money equals one win? How much money did it take for Fritz to land the highest rated recruiting class in Sun Belt history or for CCL to land the highest rated high school recruit in Sun Belt history last year? Is there a better football facility in the conference than the FOC or G5 for that matter?

Keep tripping over low bars.

you missed JDC's point.

This board has a problem with people who are actually on the same page arguing with each other (hey kettle, it's pot, you're black).
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    It is not ten years old as you were on the Baker is awesome and the Sun Belch inhales vigorously and CUSA is awesome train until the end just five years ago. You were just one of many that were dead wrong about a move up to the Belt, hid in your FCS zealot holes like so many did is shame and still do like Walt, you are just on of the few that have popped their heads back out to occasionally remind how wrong you can be all over again. Just admit is and move on. Again I never said ONE 7 win season and a coach should be fired. Obviously taking a dumpster fire is extenuating circumstances. Given normal circumstances like year two for CCL if you cant beat teams that have to recruit the entire south vs just down the street you should fire yourself. Winning 8 games with a and FCS and only one P5 is a low standard. It is like you cant stand for standards to be high, you must not get a lot of performance bonuses at work or something.
    Define minimum for me and then tell me again that it doesn't mean one season.

You have really great revisionist history going on in your head. Here's my old argument in a nutshell from back then: I liked being able to play for a national championship every year and I knew we wouldn't be able to do it anytime soon. You can bring it up all you want when you're losing an argument that has nothing to do with FCS but this is the last time I'll acknowledge it.

I have no problem with standards being high. What I do have a problem with is absolutes like never and minimum (that apparently isn't actually a real minimum since according to you now, he can win less than 8 a couple times before he should fire himself and change professions).
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

This is why I put people on ignore.

It is not ten years old as you were on the Baker is awesome and the Sun Belch inhales vigorously and CUSA is awesome train until the end just five years ago. You were just one of many that were dead wrong about a move up to the Belt, hid in your FCS zealot holes like so many did is shame and still do like Walt, you are just on of the few that have popped their heads back out to occasionally remind how wrong you can be all over again. Just admit is and move on. Again I never said ONE 7 win season and a coach should be fired. Obviously taking a dumpster fire is extenuating circumstances. Given normal circumstances like year two for CCL if you cant beat teams that have to recruit the entire south vs just down the street you should fire yourself. Winning 8 games with a and FCS and only one P5 is a low standard. It is like you cant stand for standards to be high, you must not get a lot of performance bonuses at work or something.
    Glad to see you still think of me, even if your memory gets a little fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Glad to see you still think of me, even if your memory gets a little fuzzy.
    Hard to forget people that were so wrong..and called you homophobic slurs in PM's.

you missed JDC's point.

8. Default Re: Sun Belt SOS based off of CBS rankings

A budget that is above the DIV I average and increased by over 10M in less four years this with the new restrictions on allocated money. We went from second to last to mid pack Belt over teams that have been in the FBS for decades. Also how much money equals one win? How much money did it take for Fritz to land the highest rated recruiting class in Sun Belt history or for CCL to land the highest rated high school recruit in Sun Belt history last year? Is there a better football facility in the conference than the FOC or G5 for that matter?

Keep tripping over low bars.
    I agree with you, but just pointing out, we have mid-level facilities in the Sun belt. The FOC is nice but it's definitely not the nicest endzone facility in the Sun Belt and definitely not the G5. We have a huge space for improvement regarding our facilities before we're on Troy, Ark St, and ULL's level.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I agree with you, but just pointing out, we have mid-level facilities in the Sun belt. The FOC is nice but it's definitely not the nicest endzone facility in the Sun Belt and definitely not the G5. We have a huge space for improvement regarding our facilities before we're on Troy, Ark St, and ULL's level.
    If you're talking about across-the-board facilities, you are right. But to my knowledge there's no building in the whole conference comparable to our FOC as far as housing weight room, meeting rooms, coaches offices, etc. Those end zone buildings you are talking about seem to be more analogues of our Bishop Building.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Our football facilities are not mid level by a country mile overall athletic department yes. The FOC is one of the nicest facilities in the G5 if not the FBS in general.

you missed JDC's point.