TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: DEAD WEIGHT

Default DEAD WEIGHT

Hope this makes it to the bulletin board....got me pissed an I aint even on the m f'ing team....brought out my ClayCo...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-season#slide1

Dead Weight: South Alabama, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, Texas State

You could make a case for South Alabama moving up a tier to a potential bowl team, but at least 40 percent of this league is just cannon fodder. It would almost require a miracle for Coastal Carolina, Georgia State, Georgia Southern and Texas State to combine for more than two wins against the other six teams in the Sun Belt.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Default Re: DEAD WEIGHT

Wow ! In two years we have become dead weight.

3. Default Re: DEAD WEIGHT

Yeah the article is total hogwash by some hack SEC fanboy. Mentions the SEC in almost every conference write up, obviously knows nothing about college football outside of the big 5, and called FAU a college football playoff contender because of Kiffin. Puh-lease...

4. Default Re: DEAD WEIGHT

No research done at all on this article as is often the case. Y'all have had a couple of down seasons. You're hardly dead weight. I'd much rather be playing y'all in Boone this year than in Statesboro!

We did go 2-10 last season and hired the interim coach that has no head coach or coordinator experience. So other than guys like Bill Connelly or Phil Steele who are aware of what a difference guys like Debesse and Lunsford could have on the program - I wouldn't expect any other writers to give us much of a chance this season either. The conversation may change if we start 3-1 or 2-2.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

At this point in time, I’d classify us as dead weight too. We’ve earned that distinction. Time to man up, put on the big boy pants and get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    At this point in time, I’d classify us as dead weight too. We’ve earned that distinction. Time to man up, put on the big boy pants and get to work.
    +1000, "tiny fish in a HUGE pond", time for GS to get our strut back, need some 9-3,10-2, bowl win seasons. Being viewed as a dumpster fire isn't fun!

8. Default Re: DEAD WEIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    We did go 2-10 last season and hired the interim coach that has no head coach or coordinator experience. So other than guys like Bill Connelly or Phil Steele who are aware of what a difference guys like Debesse and Lunsford could have on the program - I wouldn't expect any other writers to give us much of a chance this season either. The conversation may change if we start 3-1 or 2-2.
    I LOVE being off the radar!

Makes the next good season that much sweeter!

(I am really hoping this season will be as good as I expect. We can't stand many more like the last couple.)

The truth hurts. Time for us to prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    The truth hurts. Time for us to prove them wrong.
    Amen Brother.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009