TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: News About Hanner???

Default Re: News About Hanner???

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    When you guys come up with tens of millions of dollars, instead of just "zomg we need a new arena", let me know.
    He's not disagreeing that it's expensive and that it's a long term goal. Why is it a waste of money? We've got an awfully small gym for a campus of 20k+ people.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    He's not disagreeing that it's expensive and that it's a long term goal. Why is it a waste of money? We've got an awfully small gym for a campus of 20k+ people.
    Because we routinely fill it at 50% capacity. The general benchmark for expansion is 80%.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

3. Default Re: News About Hanner???

Rather we can fill a new arena or not for basketball. There are other events that could be held in an arena that would benefit the university as a whole.

I believe we have no intentions of ever tearing Hanner down, so any upgrades aren’t a waste. Could potentially become a volley ball arena, etc.

Hanner is very soundly constructed. It would be a waste to tear it down IMHO. You could do a LOT of fancy improvement for a fraction of the price of a replacement.

5. Default Re: News About Hanner???

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Because we routinely fill it at 50% capacity. The general benchmark for expansion is 80%.
    It is not a basketball arena... it is a multifunctional facility for the university and community.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Very pointless. This money should be going into Paulson.
    If only CY were still......

For what I have heard, TKs vision has been to create a more modern yet embrace the “Historic” feel of Hanner. I think is smart. We don’t have the money to build a 8k arena. We don’t attract the ground to fill a 8k arena.

So pivot, make Hanner feel like Fenway. Get 4K there and make feel like 20k.

Look savannah’s Grayson stadium. It’s a dump, but historic dump. Put a great product on the court and people will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    For what I have heard, TKs vision has been to create a more modern yet embrace the “Historic” feel of Hanner. I think is smart. We don’t have the money to build a 8k arena. We don’t attract the ground to fill a 8k arena.

So pivot, make Hanner feel like Fenway. Get 4K there and make feel like 20k.

Look savannah’s Grayson stadium. It’s a dump, but historic dump. Put a great product on the court and people will show up.
    THIS!

I've always like to say that yes it's a ****hole, but it's OUR ****hole and you can take your loss and we'll see you next time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdoc91 View Post
    No, what's a waste a money is dumbing money into a facility that hasn't meet our demand in years.
    How does it not meet our demand?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987