TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: News About Hanner???

  1. #11

    Default Re: News About Hanner???

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    When you guys come up with tens of millions of dollars, instead of just "zomg we need a new arena", let me know.
    He's not disagreeing that it's expensive and that it's a long term goal. Why is it a waste of money? We've got an awfully small gym for a campus of 20k+ people.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  2. #12

    Default Re: News About Hanner???

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    He's not disagreeing that it's expensive and that it's a long term goal. Why is it a waste of money? We've got an awfully small gym for a campus of 20k+ people.
    Because we routinely fill it at 50% capacity. The general benchmark for expansion is 80%.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  3. Default Re: News About Hanner???

    Rather we can fill a new arena or not for basketball. There are other events that could be held in an arena that would benefit the university as a whole.

    I believe we have no intentions of ever tearing Hanner down, so any upgrades aren’t a waste. Could potentially become a volley ball arena, etc.

  4. #14

    Default Re: News About Hanner???

    Hanner is very soundly constructed. It would be a waste to tear it down IMHO. You could do a LOT of fancy improvement for a fraction of the price of a replacement.

  5. Default Re: News About Hanner???

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Because we routinely fill it at 50% capacity. The general benchmark for expansion is 80%.
    It is not a basketball arena... it is a multifunctional facility for the university and community.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,112

    Default Re: News About Hanner???

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Very pointless. This money should be going into Paulson.
    If only CY were still......

  7. #17

    Default Re: News About Hanner???

    For what I have heard, TKs vision has been to create a more modern yet embrace the “Historic” feel of Hanner. I think is smart. We don’t have the money to build a 8k arena. We don’t attract the ground to fill a 8k arena.

    So pivot, make Hanner feel like Fenway. Get 4K there and make feel like 20k.

    Look savannah’s Grayson stadium. It’s a dump, but historic dump. Put a great product on the court and people will show up.

  8. #18

    Default Re: News About Hanner???

    Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    For what I have heard, TKs vision has been to create a more modern yet embrace the “Historic” feel of Hanner. I think is smart. We don’t have the money to build a 8k arena. We don’t attract the ground to fill a 8k arena.

    So pivot, make Hanner feel like Fenway. Get 4K there and make feel like 20k.

    Look savannah’s Grayson stadium. It’s a dump, but historic dump. Put a great product on the court and people will show up.
    THIS!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    24,371

    Default Re: News About Hanner???

    I've always like to say that yes it's a ****hole, but it's OUR ****hole and you can take your loss and we'll see you next time.


  10. #20

    Default Re: News About Hanner???

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdoc91 View Post
    No, what's a waste a money is dumbing money into a facility that hasn't meet our demand in years.
    How does it not meet our demand?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Similar Threads

  1. Hanner Havoc Tonight 8 pm in Hanner Field House
    By StudentEagleFan in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30th October 2012, 09:28 PM
  2. Hanner...
    By Army Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11th September 2009, 12:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •