TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86

Thread: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

  1. Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Tyson Summers was so clueless it boggles the mind.
    Watching this clip of him being mic'd up affirms a lot in this thread.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw32Y1bwGeM

    Nice guy, but just cringey and didn't know how to get buy-in from players, fans, or asst. coaches.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

    CM was a great recruiter, CF is an outstanding HC. I'd take either one as a HC.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    The 2016 team was a combination of Fritz and Monken but there probably hasn’t ever been a better roster in the history of our program. So no, the players Fritz left for Summers were NOT inferior to what Monken left for Fritz. The difference is Fritz didn’t completely anihilate that roster. Fritz called Monken and built off what he had. Summers came in and changed the culture and “taught” all conference players how to practice.
    Fritz is good at playing to his roster's strengths and molded the game plan around it, you can check his teams numbers from year to year to see that. Summers and staff and other coaches that have no clue try to jam down players throats a play book regardless of whether it is the best course of action or not and just figure "the throw game will just click". The only reason we probably won two games is CCL just went basic and let athletes be athletes. You can get away being hard headed with that with AL players it does not work at a G5.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    The 2016 team was a combination of Fritz and Monken but there probably hasn’t ever been a better roster in the history of our program. So no, the players Fritz left for Summers were NOT inferior to what Monken left for Fritz. The difference is Fritz didn’t completely anihilate that roster. Fritz called Monken and built off what he had. Summers came in and changed the culture and “taught” all conference players how to practice.
    I still don't understand how our AD managed to botch the Summers hire so badly and walk away from the train wreck unscathed. Perhaps the most important thing an AD does at GS is the hiring of a football coach. He passed on many qualified and capable candidate to hire Tyson Summers?? I just don't get it and I don't get how he walked away from it all smelling like a rose. I know I am beating a dead horse but I am constantly baffled by how all this transpired. I sure hope CCL works out but if it doesn't then we need to make several changes in athletics.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    The 2016 team was a combination of Fritz and Monken but there probably hasn’t ever been a better roster in the history of our program. So no, the players Fritz left for Summers were NOT inferior to what Monken left for Fritz. The difference is Fritz didn’t completely anihilate that roster. Fritz called Monken and built off what he had. Summers came in and changed the culture and “taught” all conference players how to practice.
    You fail to note that the good players Fritz left Summers for 2016 were Monken recruits! Other than Wesley Fields, what good offensive players did Fritz recruit to Georgia Southern? I've asked this question many times on this board and no one ever gives a response. It's because Fritz's offensive recruiting didn't pan out.

  6. Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Tyson Summers was so clueless it boggles the mind.
    The THING.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    You fail to note that the good players Fritz left Summers for 2016 were Monken recruits! Other than Wesley Fields, what good offensive players did Fritz recruit to Georgia Southern? I've asked this question many times on this board and no one ever gives a response. It's because Fritz's offensive recruiting didn't pan out.
    Both of these (Fritz vs Monken, and Fritz recruiting) are interesting debates here's my take. When Friz came to GS he inherited a very loaded and motivated team, When Moken came to GS as head coach he turned around an average team to a top FCS team. I think the comparison Billybob is making is a little unfair because both are really good coaches and have different pros and cons, but to compare Monken as an FCS and Fritz as an FBS coach just doesn't seem right. My biggest issue with Fritz is while we were really good and well prepared 90% of the time we laid some eggs under him and he or his staff made some headscratchers in big-time situations. Don't get me wrong I've got a lot of respect for Fritz but I've got to give the edge to Monken. As far as recruiting it's really hard to say. It's not fair to judge Fritz on the players he brought in because of Summers. Also, we really didn't get a good sample size from Fritz, I think his approach is more methodical and we just didn't get a chance to see him build a roster here. When Summers was busy ruining our football program, it's highly probable that Fritz would have been developing productive players. Unfortunately, that didn't take place.
    Go Eagles!!

  8. #28

    Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Both of these (Fritz vs Monken, and Fritz recruiting) are interesting debates here's my take. When Friz came to GS he inherited a very loaded and motivated team, When Moken came to GS as head coach he turned around an average team to a top FCS team. I think the comparison Billybob is making is a little unfair because both are really good coaches and have different pros and cons, but to compare Monken as an FCS and Fritz as an FBS coach just doesn't seem right. My biggest issue with Fritz is while we were really good and well prepared 90% of the time we laid some eggs under him and he or his staff made some headscratchers in big-time situations. Don't get me wrong I've got a lot of respect for Fritz but I've got to give the edge to Monken. As far as recruiting it's really hard to say. It's not fair to judge Fritz on the players he brought in because of Summers. Also, we really didn't get a good sample size from Fritz, I think his approach is more methodical and we just didn't get a chance to see him build a roster here. When Summers was busy ruining our football program, it's highly probable that Fritz would have been developing productive players. Unfortunately, that didn't take place.
    You're doing it wrong. This moderate and reasonable observation stuff won't cut it. It's all or nothing, black or white, defend it to the grave around here!

  9. #29

    Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

    Only idiots think Fritz is a better coach. Monken lapped him in recruiting. Fritz will go another year at Tulane with a losing record.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    27,435

    Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    You fail to note that the good players Fritz left Summers for 2016 were Monken recruits! Other than Wesley Fields, what good offensive players did Fritz recruit to Georgia Southern? I've asked this question many times on this board and no one ever gives a response. It's because Fritz's offensive recruiting didn't pan out.

    How in the hell could Fritz’s offensive recruiting pan out with the **** show of a staff we have had the past couple years? I mean even Monkens recruits didn’t “pan out” under Summers. If Summers follows Monken then Monkens recruiting wouldn’t have been nearly as highly thought of either. See: Brieda, Matt

    And yes a lot of those players in 2016 were Monken recruits but they were developed by Fritz with a few of his recruits sprinkled in. That’s why it’s a combination of the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 TALON Talk raiding party Message Boards.
    By ValleyBoy in forum TALON Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22nd September 2018, 05:41 PM
  2. 2018 & 2019 Sun Belt Conference scheadule
    By ValleyBoy in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th August 2017, 07:50 PM
  3. Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes
    By ValleyBoy in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11th August 2017, 01:08 PM
  4. Future conference foes
    By leeman in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 16th September 2013, 09:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •