TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Only idiots think Fritz is a better coach. Monken lapped him in recruiting. Fritz will go another year at Tulane with a losing record.

You aint going to be happy with who Lunsford has chosen to pattern himself like then.....
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Fritz did sign that Wesley Fields guy that averaged more yards a carry than Matt Breida in 2016 and had a great year as a true freshman with the crowd of running backs we had.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Only idiots think Fritz is a better coach. Monken lapped him in recruiting. Fritz will go another year at Tulane with a losing record.
    Sounds like you think Monken is a better recruiter (which is something I already conceded)...so ughhhh...thanks for agreeing?

You've provided no other suggestions as to why you think Monken is "better"

Couldn't be from comparing their tenures at GS, because Fritz got better results in a more difficult league out of Monkens players.

Put Jeff Monken as SHSU and he doesn't get to the national title game twice in 4 years. I can do this all day..

There's really no argument. Fritz is clear cut better. I humor you out of boredom.

I agree with you but one difference I noticed watching the replay of the USA blowout from last season was how aggressive Lunsford got with some of the playcalls and in that game all of them paid off.

Fritz seemed to play smart and/or slightly more conservative than Monken, who would get extremely aggressive with his play calling sometimes. I remember him going for it on 4th and long after getting a bad call against us and he was mostly going for it out of anger. I always had a strange admiration about Monken for doing things like that but if he were more calculated he may have won another game or two just guessing?

As for recruiting, Lunsford + Sloan may be better than Monken or Fritz staff ever was, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I agree with you but one difference I noticed watching the replay of the USA blowout from last season was how aggressive Lunsford got with some of the playcalls and in that game all of them paid off.

Fritz seemed to play smart and/or slightly more conservative than Monken, who would get extremely aggressive with his play calling sometimes. I remember him going for it on 4th and long after getting a bad call against us and he was mostly going for it out of anger. I always had a strange admiration about Monken for doing things like that but if he were more calculated he may have won another game or two just guessing?
    But, but . . . What about all of Fritz’s onside kicks?
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

As for recruiting, Lunsford + Sloan may be better than Monken or Fritz staff ever was, time will tell.
    You mean the great Jeff Monken made alot if head scratchingly stupid calls? How can that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Sounds like you think Monken is a better recruiter (which is something I already conceded)...so ughhhh...thanks for agreeing?

You've provided no other suggestions as to why you think Monken is "better"

Couldn't be from comparing their tenures at GS, because Fritz got better results in a more difficult league out of Monkens players.

Put Jeff Monken as SHSU and he doesn't get to the national title game twice in 4 years. I can do this all day..

There's really no argument. Fritz is clear cut better. I humor you out of boredom.
    Yeah, but not flexbone.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Couldn't be from comparing their tenures at GS, because Fritz got better results . . . .
    Again, no, he didn't. 70% win % over 2 years vs 70% win % over 4 years.

Signed,
    The Intellectual Honesty Police

Put Jeff Monken as SHSU and he doesn't get to the national title game twice in 4 years.
    On the other hand, does Fritz lead Army to 18 wins in years 3-4?

I actually tend to agree that Fritz is the better CEO, I'm just picking at your arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Again, no, he didn't. 70% win % over 2 years vs 70% win % over 4 years.

Signed,
    The Intellectual Honesty Police
    Yes, but Fritz had an FBS schedule, more Power 5 opponents, many more weekday games/short weeks, longer road trips, and a smaller percentage of home games.