Troy - 59.9%
    CCU - 67.6%
    GaSt - 75.8%
    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    ULM: 76.9%
    Troy: 63.8
    CCU: 72.8%
    State: 80.5%

Game by game, FPI has us going 11-1, but overall FPI has us at 10-2, basically trying to keep safe by assuming we drop one we shouldn't.
    Updated after week 9 games completed -
    ULM - 77.6%
    Troy - 64.4%
    CCU - 72.6%
    GaSt - 81.4%

Default Re: Revised FPI predictions

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Updated after week 9 games completed -
    ULM - 77.6%
    Troy - 64.4%
    CCU - 72.6%
    GaSt - 81.4%
    Updated after week 10 games completed -
    Troy - 58.9%
    CCU - 67.6%
    GaSt - 79.1%

All the percentages dropped, obviously after that performance, but we are still projected to win out from here. Let's hope our guys can refocus and get back on track. This weekend's game is everything.

Looks like the S&P+ has us projected to lose this weekend, and win against CCU and GaSt, finishing 9-3. Overall not a bad season, but being as close as we are to a GREAT season, that would be disappointing.

Looks like the S&P+ has us projected to lose this weekend, and win against CCU and GaSt, finishing 9-3. Overall not a bad season, but being as close as we are to a GREAT season, that would be disappointing.
    We've been on house money for a while now. Anything after this is just icing on the cake.

It's already a great season. 9-3 would equal the best season we've had in FBS, and that was with a roster full of Monken's players (since some people are hung up on that).

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We've been on house money for a while now. Anything after this is just icing on the cake.

It's already a great season. 9-3 would equal the best season we've had in FBS, and that was with a roster full of Monken's players (since some people are hung up on that).
    Technically same record if that happens.
    But not really the same.

Two VERY NARROW losses to P5 ACC teams (BOTH that we should have won) and 1 loss to what was at the time an AAC power House, and running undefeated in the Belt, isn't the same as 1 power House loss and two conference losses.

I appreciate the success we've had this year.
    But I don't consider any additional wins as icing on the cake, we have no excuse to not win them all. All will be tough, but no good is gonna come from lowering the bar.

We played terrible last week, period.

We're capable of so much more this season.

Only game I think we can win is Troy. Paulson is our equalizer. We are awful on the road. Wouldn’t be surprised if we lost the last two road games by double digits.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Technically same record if that happens.
    But not really the same.

Two VERY NARROW losses to P5 ACC teams (BOTH that we should have won) and 1 loss to what was at the time an AAC power House, and running undefeated in the Belt, isn't the same as 1 power House loss and two conference losses.

I appreciate the success we've had this year.
    But I don't consider any additional wins as icing on the cake, we have no excuse to not win them all. All will be tough, but no good is gonna come from lowering the bar.

We played terrible last week, period.

We're capable of so much more this season.
    In what way am I lowering the ****ing bar?

Regardless, a 9-3 season equals our best season in FBS, period. Doesn't matter who the opponents were. Florida was a 4-8 team but we LOVE to sweep that little nugget under the rug. All that matters is record.

9-3 season sets us up great for next year. I'm thinking long term, not just right now. I'd love to win more games. I really want to beat Troy because we finish the regular season undefeated at home which we've done twice in the last decade. We win out and we go 10-2 which is the first time a team has ever gone from double digit losses to double digit wins in the regular season. Yes, I want all that.

However, I'm not getting myself wrapped up in not recognizing that we still have some areas that we need to improve on before we will be at that level we're wanting to get to. If we win, great. If not, let's work toward improving for the future because we're on a good path.

I've watched a LOT of this team so far this year. We are not as good as we have been in the past. But we're getting there. We still have goals we can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    In what way am I lowering the ****ing bar?

Regardless, a 9-3 season equals our best season in FBS, period. Doesn't matter who the opponents were. Florida was a 4-8 team but we LOVE to sweep that little nugget under the rug. All that matters is record.

9-3 season sets us up great for next year. I'm thinking long term, not just right now. I'd love to win more games. I really want to beat Troy because we finish the regular season undefeated at home which we've done twice in the last decade. We win out and we go 10-2 which is the first time a team has ever gone from double digit losses to double digit wins in the regular season. Yes, I want all that.

However, I'm not getting myself wrapped up in not recognizing that we still have some areas that we need to improve on before we will be at that level we're wanting to get to. If we win, great. If not, let's work toward improving for the future because we're on a good path.

I've watched a LOT of this team so far this year. We are not as good as we have been in the past. But we're getting there. We still have goals we can achieve.
    +1, great post. I agree 100%. When we get to the point we are curb stomping 4-5 opponents a season then we will have arrived. Still work to be done this year, the next and the next. We are on our way but as they say and a lot of times we don't care for this saying but, "have faith in the process".

Updated after week 10 games completed -
    Troy - 58.9%
    CCU - 67.6%
    GaSt - 79.1%

All the percentages dropped, obviously after that performance, but we are still projected to win out from here. Let's hope our guys can refocus and get back on track. This weekend's game is everything.
    That gives us 31.5% odds of winning out- which I feel is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Only game I think we can win is Troy. Paulson is our equalizer. We are awful on the road. Wouldn’t be surprised if we lost the last two road games by double digits.
    Why don't you go ahead and sit the next inning out champ.