TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Revised FPI predictions

Default Re: Revised FPI predictions

UCF did everything they needed to AND beat Auburn in the bowl game. They ended up 6th... I would argue that while a win for us over Clemson would be better that any of their wins, the SBC would hold us back and we'd be lucky to crack the top 10.

That said... if any SBC team can rattle off 3 or 4 consecutive seasons (like Boise St did), they might get a better look at an opportunity. Still a long shot, but that is what it will take.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    UCF did everything they needed to AND beat Auburn in the bowl game. They ended up 6th... I would argue that while a win for us over Clemson would be better that any of their wins, the SBC would hold us back and we'd be lucky to crack the top 10.

That said... if any SBC team can rattle off 3 or 4 consecutive seasons (like Boise St did), they might get a better look at an opportunity. Still a long shot, but that is what it will take.
    Agreed. What hurt UCF was being one year. If they go 10-2/11-1 this year, they will be highly ranked. Do it three or more years in a row and they will have a real shot. IMO, it has everything to do with where you start in the polls, how well you do, and who loses in front of you.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

You really don't need to beat good Power 5 teams. NIU in 2012 beat an awful Kansas team and rode that to an Orange Bowl, and last year Memphis rode a win over a 6-6 UCLA team to be right in the thick of the Access Bowl race towards the end of the season. Really, I don't think the entire AAC beat a Power 5 team that got more than 6 wins other than Auburn and that conference manages to trick people they're on the same level as the P5 teams.

I think our chance was in 2016 and we blew it on a dumb*** hire. We could've beaten WMU, Tech, and Ole Miss with a competent coach. Maybe we'll get another shot next year or in 20.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    You really don't need to beat good Power 5 teams. NIU in 2012 beat an awful Kansas team and rode that to an Orange Bowl, and last year Memphis rode a win over a 6-6 UCLA team to be right in the thick of the Access Bowl race towards the end of the season. Really, I don't think the entire AAC beat a Power 5 team that got more than 6 wins other than Auburn and that conference manages to trick people they're on the same level as the P5 teams.

I think our chance was in 2016 and we blew it on a dumb*** hire. We could've beaten WMU, Tech, and Ole Miss with a competent coach. Maybe we'll get another shot next year or in 20.
    Consistency. You have to string 3 solid years together as a G5.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Consistency. You have to string 3 solid years together as a G5.
    Yep. We had two. And then ........

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    If we beat Clemson, then Clemson won out, how high would we get?
    As high as some people on this board saying we're going 12-0, 14-0, 15-0, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    this guy can math
    Maff is good and the 10-2 thing is good stuff.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    As high as some people on this board saying we're going 12-0, 14-0, 15-0, I suppose.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

9. Default Re: Revised FPI predictions

Updated as of 9/9/2018:

55. App State
    85. Georgia Southern
    92. Arkansas State
    98. Troy
    106. ULM
    113. Coastal Carolina
    120. Louisiana
    121. South Alabama
    122. Georgia State
    129. Texas State

10. Default Re: Revised FPI predictions

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    I think folks are reading too much into this. Technically, undefeated would be the best possible outcome, that is an accurate statement but a highly unlikely out come. Unfortunately, we don’t have a sarcasm font. I previously bantered about going undefeated but feel this team will end up anywhere from 6-6 to 8-4 and I think I may have already posted that somewhere along the line. I’d much rather have folks joking about going undefeated because they see an improved team then still being stuck in the negativity we saw last season (which was justified yet demoralizing)