TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coach's show?

Default Re: Coach's show?

Even if you don't do Facebook, you can open the page on your phone or your computer without having a Facebook account and just access it from a normal web browser and watch it. I highly recommend that if you haven't tried it

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    Even if you don't do Facebook, you can open the page on your phone or your computer without having a Facebook account and just access it from a normal web browser and watch it. I highly recommend that if you haven't tried it
    Thanks for the info. I know that now. Communication is a wonderful thing. Maybe I was notified of the facebook access but I don't remember seeing it. Funny thing is I contacted the athletic departments at ULL and CCU for information on parking and tickets and I get more information about their programs than I do about ours.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Sorry you had that issue. Please feel free to reach out to Learfield office at GS or text the radio # +19122743607 with your concerns.

I almost always listen via TuneIn, which was having issues at the beginning of the season that we're out of our control, and have since been remedied. I've experienced issues with gseagles.com before, but usually after some patience or reloading, it works fine. Again, it may be due to pop-up blockers or something, which makes no sense since the commercials work fine, but that's technology. It may help trying a different browser also. As someone else stated, it could've been a mix up because of the schedule change. I'm not a part of the crew, nor am I that tech savvy that I can talk you through it. I can tell you that none of them are active on here, so unless someone else passes it along, your complaints won't get very far. I typically try to check and provide feedback, but missed it last night. Also hard for me to pinpoint issues since I'm in NC, and tend to have spotty service at times myself. As long as you have the link, I think you can still watch the FB feed, even without an account.

Here's the link to radio affiliates https://gseagles.com/sports/2018/6/2...ffiliates.aspx
    And here's the staff directory if you'd like to direct your concerns to Learfield. https://gseagles.com/staff.aspx
    I appreciate your suggestions. Since I don't know who you are I'm not sure of what part of this you are involved in. However, I will find the right person and bring this to their attention. It seems to me though that there should be oversight from the athletic department/foundation/university over an issue that has been going on for awhile. Either we don't have that oversight or they are asleep at the wheel. We need to be reaching everyone we can in as many ways and as conveniently for them as possible. I have been and will always be here to support but the casual fan or those who are on the trend away will not have my interest. They will just tune in the dawgs or whoever is readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesDare View Post
    I appreciate your suggestions. Since I don't know who you are I'm not sure of what part of this you are involved in. However, I will find the right person and bring this to their attention. It seems to me though that there should be oversight from the athletic department/foundation/university over an issue that has been going on for awhile. Either we don't have that oversight or they are asleep at the wheel. We need to be reaching everyone we can in as many ways and as conveniently for them as possible. I have been and will always be here to support but the casual fan or those who are on the trend away will not have my interest. They will just tune in the dawgs or whoever is readily available.

The Learfield group of Georgia Southern Sports properties is who oversees it, which is why I keep providing their information. Mike Petrini and Colin Lacy would be the best parties to reach out to. I give feedback when I can, but since I rarely have issues, that doesn't help them when others do. At the beginning of the season when there were TuneIn looping issues, I even reached out directly to TuneIn since it seemed to be a problem out of our control.

The suggestions I've provided to you are ones that have seemed to work for others. If they don't work for you, I'd suggest going directly to our crew, but the message board is not the way to do so.

The Learfield group of Georgia Southern Sports properties is who oversees it, which is why I keep providing their information. Mike Petrini and Colin Lacy would be the best parties to reach out to. I give feedback when I can, but since I rarely have issues, that doesn't help them when others do. At the beginning of the season when there were TuneIn looping issues, I even reached out directly to TuneIn since it seemed to be a problem out of our control.

The suggestions I've provided to you are ones that have seemed to work for others. If they don't work for you, I'd suggest going directly to our crew, but the message board is not the way to do so.
    OK. I thanked you for your suggestions and I got them the first time. I was merely responding to your posts as you seem to be a keenly interested party. I stated I would find the right person to contact and I never said this was the way to contact them. I did not ask for any names nor did I mention any names. However this is public forum for discussions or posting thoughts experiences and opinions concerning GS athletics which is what I did. Though I don't post very often any more, I will do so when the occasion arises.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesDare View Post
    OK. I thanked you for your suggestions and I got them the first time. I was merely responding to your posts as you seem to be a keenly interested party. I stated I would find the right person to contact and I never said this was the way to contact them. I did not ask for any names nor did I mention any names. However this is public forum for discussions or posting thoughts experiences and opinions concerning GS athletics which is what I did. Though I don't post very often any more, I will do so when the occasion arises.

It did not feel like you were taking the suggestions, but rather insulting our crew and acting like someone needs to be in charge of something when there are already dedicated personnel. If I misunderstood, then I apologize.

I am extremely interested in making sure everyone is able to enjoy the programming, especially since our crew works extremely hard to deliver a great product. They can't fix problems they don't know about, so that was why I gave you direct contact information. Not to throw anyone under the bus, but simply to open up channels of communication for you to hopefully solve your problem.

7. Default Re: Coach's show?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Both coaches show and games are on 94.9 in Statesboro.
    Don't know about the coaches show, but there was at least one and I thought two games where they were not on that station. Last weeks game was on 94.9 though. Hopefully they have it straightened out. This much I know though, if I'm responsible for the network I'm gonna make sure the affliates are on the air. On the other hand maybe they are not require to carry each game. Don't know.

According to the affiliates list, 94.9 Should only carry coaches show.

I had success game 1 with 102.9, but for the 2nd game it was playing music, so I switched to 95.5, which isn't on the list, but some had mentioned hearing game 1 on, and that worked. For South Al, I believe 95.5 was down all together.

I can't check the local channels during coaches show since I'm in NC, which is why I keep sharing the list for those having difficulties. I was told some if the initial kinks should've been worked out, but it does seem there's something new each week, but quite often it's out of the control of our crew. Part of why I get so defensive is because so many seem to give up on listening instead of communicating the issue to the appropriate party. As many kinks as we can help work out, the better, so as to hopefully make things more accessible to the casual fan.

It did not feel like you were taking the suggestions, but rather insulting our crew and acting like someone needs to be in charge of something when there are already dedicated personnel. If I misunderstood, then I apologize.

I am extremely interested in making sure everyone is able to enjoy the programming, especially since our crew works extremely hard to deliver a great product. They can't fix problems they don't know about, so that was why I gave you direct contact information. Not to throw anyone under the bus, but simply to open up channels of communication for you to hopefully solve your problem.
    This is getting tedious. Again, I read your suggestions and will take them as all suggestions under consideration. But they are suggestions and you act as though they are orders that I have to follow. It is not news that there is a problem with our broadcasts via internet/ radio. It seems you were offended at my suggesting someone needs to be in charge of getting it taken care of. Although that was not my intention, I have the right to post my opinion as long as I am not violating the rules of this forum. So let's just agree to disagree. At any rate I'm done with this.

94.9 goes out in Claxton. Weak.