TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Thread: App St vs Ark St tonight

Default App St vs Ark St tonight

I didn't realize this until late last night. Almost missed it, so just a heads up to those that were as unaware as myself. Maybe it was just me?

Anyway, go Ark St!

2. Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

Ok i'm gonna be bad but I hope App pulls it out in the last second. Only because I want our game with them to be 6-1 vs 6-1 and maybe they'll be ranked coming into Paulson and we can crush their dreams. Also if its close that will be a true test for if our win against stAte was actually a good win.

EDIT: However, if they lose I wont be upset so, GO FOOTBALL!

Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

It helps us get into the championship game if we keep winning (obviously) but also if other East teams lose. It's beneficial for us if stAte pulls this one out. I think App is a much stronger team than they are.

The stAte fans are going to be crying if they lose two conference games, ha.

In a way I still want us and App to rule the Conference. But we're both in the East. I don't want App to be ranked before us. We beat App when they beat Michigan, but only Southern fans remember that. If they get ranked, that will be what is remembered, not us beating them if we do.

Im not sure how our ccg is going to be decided. I'm assuming any Conference loss counts against you on your side? Not just losses to your own side of the conference?

If App losses, a little luster will be lost for our game but it's still the best rivalry in the conference and I think we will still pack the house. It's worth it to me to have them taken down a notch and give us a leg up on winning the East.

I don't think App having 1 loss rather than 2 will help attendance in any significant way. Attendance will be effected by how we look in the next two games, period. I want Ark State to win, then if we can beat App we will have the tiebreaker in the East over them with the biggest conference hurdle being Troy with their second-string QB who to me just didn't look as good as the starter.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 9th October 2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    It helps us get into the championship game if we keep winning (obviously) but also if other East teams lose. It's beneficial for us if stAte pulls this one out. I think App is a much stronger team than they are.

The stAte fans are going to be crying if they lose two conference games, ha.
    If App loses tonight but still beats us, they control their own destiny in the East anyway.

7. Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

App may be going into a stirred hornet nest tonight..

I think I want App to win because whether they win or lose we still control our own destiny. Also, I'd rather not have to play a resurging Ark State team for the 2nd time in the CCG if it came down to that. I'd rather play someone like UL for the first time.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    If App loses tonight but still beats us, they control their own destiny in the East anyway.

^This. Right now this game means very little to us. No matter what happens tonight we still have to beat App or they will be in the drivers seat. However the flip side of that is if App loses tonight and we beat Texas St and App then we have most likely sealed our place in the championship game.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I don't see how it could ever not be a good thing for a SBC East team to take a loss in a cross-divisional game.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.