TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: App St vs Ark St tonight

1. Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

I think i'm more wanting a ranked game in Paulson. 6-1 App will most likely be 25th and a 6-1 Southern will be receiving votes for sure. The atmosphere alone will be intense regardless of anything that happens tonight, thats true, but the national attention this could bring would be awesome imo if app gets past stAte.

2. Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

Quote Originally Posted by soar#417 View Post
    I think i'm more wanting a ranked game in Paulson. 6-1 App will most likely be 25th and a 6-1 Southern will be receiving votes for sure. The atmosphere alone will be intense regardless of anything that happens tonight, thats true, but the national attention this could bring would be awesome imo if app gets past stAte.
    App is getting votes in the AP but there are about 5 teams ahead of them getting a lot more votes. Regardless, a lot could happen between now and Oct 25.

Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

App will crush stAte by 3 or more scores and will probably crack the top 25 next week.

38-17 App

It doesn't matter if they win or lose, we're going to have to beat them regardless if we want to win the East.

Having said that, I'm never going to pull for App State. I hope they lose and in the process, get's a few things exposed.

**** App.

I don't want them ranked.

I literally don't see a single upside for us for App winning this game.

1. At this point, both us and App have established credibility in this conference and we've made our game the premier rivalry in the conference.

2. App state getting ranked (not that likely to happen in the next two weeks) does nothing for us. People remember Troy being the first ranked Sun Belt team ever. Most don't remember Ark State completely embarrassing them 35-3 in their first week with that ranking.

3. App with a loss from the west division makes the path to winning the East more favorable for us than them having no conference loss, period.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

App easily crushes them, like old fart said, anywhere from 14-21 points.

App will be 5-1 when they come to Paulson not 6-1 (their game against Southern Miss got hurricancelled). FWIW
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    App will be 5-1 when they come to Paulson not 6-1 (their game against Southern Miss got hurricancelled). FWIW
    App will beat stAte so bad, they'll count it as 2 wins.

The best scenario is that they lose tonight and we beat them. We would have to drop 3 conference games and they win out for them to take back the East. Even if we lost to say, Troy and CCU, we would still be 6-2 and have the game in hand over App. Even if they win tonight and we beat them, it gives us little room for error the rest of the way. So, there's really no reason to want App to win tonight.