TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: App St vs Ark St tonight

Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

How does the conference count cross division games for the conference championship game? Is a loss a loss regardless of which division the team that beats you came from, or do they only count East Division losses against us?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

2. Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    If App loses tonight but still beats us, they control their own destiny in the East anyway.
    Yeah, itís likely, but that destiny is not a guarantee for App to win out. I know you did not say it was, but they could lose tonight (unlikely, but I am hoping for it), and beat GS but still slip up against one other SB program.

If that happens and App is our only loss then we are hosting a Sunbelt CG.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    The best scenario is that they lose tonight and we beat them. We would have to drop 3 conference games and they win out for them to take back the East. Even if we lost to say, Troy and CCU, we would still be 6-2 and have the game in hand over App. Even if they win tonight and we beat them, it gives us little room for error the rest of the way. So, there's really no reason to want App to win tonight.
    Yeah... I change my mind. While it's improbable for us to get into the CCG without beating both App and Troy, I think my hopes for avoiding a 2nd game with stAte are for nothing, because I just realized that UL has 1 loss and they still have to play Troy and App.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

I just want to see a good game from two SBC teams played on national TV. This game has all the makings for that. I hate App St and now after the way stAte fans reacted to our win I don't like them too much either so I'm rooting for high scoring tie game going to OT because I like to watch TD's and I don't care who wins.

I hope Arky beats the snot out of Appy on national tv.

As some of you already know, my wife is an App St alum and probably broke every rule imaginable as a GS alum for marrying her

She pulls for GS in every game but our rivalry game and letís me have it good naturely. Iíve eaten the loss sandwich the last couple years and am ready for her to squirm with an L and hope we are both a one loss team on that night.

We both plan on being at Paulson.

GATA those Goats!

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    Yeah... I change my mind. While it's improbable for us to get into the CCG without beating both App and Troy, I think my hopes for avoiding a 2nd game with stAte are for nothing, because I just realized that UL has 1 loss and they still have to play Troy and App.
    Nope. I've changed my mind back after thinking about it in the car on the way to lunch. Here is my reasoning.

#1. I dont see a probable scenario in which we play in the CCG where we dont still have to beat both App and Troy.

#2 . With that taken into consideration I'd much rather play a 3 loss UL team than a resurging 1 or 2 loss Ark State team again.

#3. For this to happen, App has to beat stAte to give them 2 losses and then if UL can beat stAte later in the season they can end the season tied with Ark State at 5-3 in the west and own the tiebreaker.

Conclusion - GS (8-0 or 7-1) hosts UL (5-3) in the CCG in Statesboro. This way you dont end up with a repeat game AND we aren't playing a hot Ark State team for the 2nd time.

#1. I dont see a probable scenario in which we play in the CCG where we dont still have to beat both App and Troy.
    This can happen in what I will call a probable scenario- App loses to Ark State tonight, we beat App and we lose to Troy.

I've decided that if they could both lose, that'd be great

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    This can happen in what I will call a probable scenario- App loses to Ark State tonight, we beat App and we lose to Troy.
    Or Ark State beats App, we lose to App, Troy beats App, we beat Troy.

Nope. I've changed my mind back after thinking about it in the car on the way to lunch. Here is my reasoning.

#2 . With that taken into consideration I'd much rather play a 3 loss UL team than a resurging 1 or 2 loss Ark State team again.

#3. For this to happen, App has to beat stAte to give them 2 losses and then if UL can beat stAte later in the season they can end the season tied with Ark State at 5-3 in the west and own the tiebreaker.

Conclusion - GS (8-0 or 7-1) hosts UL (5-3) in the CCG in Statesboro. This way you dont end up with a repeat game AND we aren't playing a hot Ark State team for the 2nd time.
    Ark State is going to win the west in a walk. ULL is just not that great.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 9th October 2018 at 11:48 AM.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.