TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: App St vs Ark St tonight

1. Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

Maybe I'm not your typical GS alum, but I have no beef with App State. After the Ark St being a sore loser, I'd love to see them squirm after a 2nd loss in a row. I think App State is a more solid, all around team than Ark St. App wins by 17.

Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Maybe I'm not your typical GS alum, but I have no beef with App State. After the Ark St being a sore loser, I'd love to see them squirm after a 2nd loss in a row. I think App State is a more solid, all around team than Ark St. App wins by 17.
    Eh, it's not really about beef. It's about what helps Georgia Southern as far as standings go. Obviously who we root for changes nothing, but an App loss increases Southern's chance of winning the East pretty significantly. Of course, we still have to take care of business between now and October 25th, but getting that extra help is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Or Ark State beats App, we lose to App, Troy beats App, we beat Troy.

Ark State is going to win the west in a walk. ULL is just not that great.
    Im pulling for App just so the West winner isn't bowl eligible when they play in the "Conference" Championship. Bottom line we will need to beat App, Troy and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Yeah. Same here. After the stAte fans thinking the world was ending (time to fire the coach, etc) because they lost to a "gimmick offense"/"high school offense" by an FCS-type team (us)... I would love it if stAte is curbstomped the rest of the season. Their fans are truly a mess.

An App loss helps us. We will see what happens. I'll take the extra help from stAte if they want to give it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Im pulling for App just so the West winner isn't bowl eligible when they play in the "Conference" Championship. Bottom line we will need to beat App, Troy and everyone else.
    Why would you want the West winner to not be bowl eligible?

If we end up 11-1, we need a great strength of schedule to be considered for the Access Bowl. I know there’s a lot of games to play to make it to 11-1, but just curious on your rationale here.

What about the reason of my unbridled disgust for all Arkansas state fans but 1?

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    The best scenario is that they lose tonight and we beat them. We would have to drop 3 conference games and they win out for them to take back the East. Even if we lost to say, Troy and CCU, we would still be 6-2 and have the game in hand over App. Even if they win tonight and we beat them, it gives us little room for error the rest of the way. So, there's really no reason to want App to win tonight.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    This can happen in what I will call a probable scenario- App loses to Ark State tonight, we beat App and we lose to Troy.
    In that scenario, Troy goes to the CCG instead of us because they hold the tiebreaker at 7-1 - so we'd still have to beat both.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Why would you want the West winner to not be bowl eligible?

If we end up 11-1, we need a great strength of schedule to be considered for the Access Bowl. I know there’s a lot of games to play to make it to 11-1, but just curious on your rationale here.
    If we won out and win the CCG we would be 12-1.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

9. Default Re: App St vs Ark St tonight

I’m just glad we are able to have these conversations this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    If we won out and win the CCG we would be 12-1.
    Understood! We want the team that takes us from 11-1 to 12-1 to be a quality opponent and not a sub-500 team.

I was just curious why Garns wants that side to be bad coming into the CCG.