TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New Mexico State Score Prediction

1. Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Fields being out is not good.

Of course, our display last week was way more not good. Didn’t think we could do that anymore.

Hopefully we can shake that stink off and kick this game in the sack.
    I think Fields being out actually helps us to be honest. He seems to have lost a step or maybe two. From what I've seen im not sure he's quick enough to hit the hole anymore and seems timid at times.

Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but the HC and Players will be up for the App State & Gag State games. If one or eather don't understand that than they need a history lesson.
    They'll be "up" for it like they are for every other game. The point is that college football players and coaches don't "look ahead" to opponents. Fans do that.

That's just some lazy fan/commentator cliche. It's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I think Fields being out actually helps us to be honest. He seems to have a step or maybe two. From what I've seen im not sure he's quick enough to hit the hole anymore and seems timid at times.
    There's probably a good reason why Fields has been getting most of the snaps, and I hope we don't find out why today.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    The point is that college football players and coaches don't "look ahead" to opponents.
    Disagree. Games against CrapSt and Gagst are always in the back of their minds and payback is a bxxth.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Fields being out is not good.

Of course, our display last week was way more not good. Didn’t think we could do that anymore.

Hopefully we can shake that stink off and kick this game in the sack.
    no it's not good but "next man up", Appy's #1 RB is done for the rest of his career. Someone needs to step up, that's partly way your on full scholarship.

6. Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I think Fields being out actually helps us to be honest. He seems to have a step or maybe two. From what I've seen im not sure he's quick enough to hit the hole anymore and seems timid at times.

Seems like he isn’t doing as well at finding holes, but once he gets through, lookout!

Ive seen a few shoestring tackles on him which boiled down to luck. All would have been easy TD runs. Remember that one at Clemson? Would have definitely been a “he Gone” run.

I guess it will be good to see some of the other guys get a chance. I like Fields, and he seems to have a size advantage on most other guys, but Breida showed that doesn’t matter.

May have been a mistake to sit Fields out of all the preseason stuff. Something does seem to have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    There's probably a good reason why Fields has been getting most of the snaps, and I hope we don't find out why today.
    Ball security concerns are my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    They'll be "up" for it like they are for every other game. The point is that college football players and coaches don't "look ahead" to opponents. Fans do that.

That's just some lazy fan/commentator cliche. It's nonsense.
    I think teams have varying degrees of motivation based on who they’re playing, but I bet you’re right about their top concern being the game right in front of them.

I doubt the grind and the specifics of game planning leave much room for thinking ahead.

In other words, they’ll probably get “up” for App State or the real GSU more than for the mid-week trip to TxSt, but I find it highly unlikely that the players were thinking about App or GSU when they were preparing for TxSt or anyone else.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

+1
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

10. Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

The other backs I've seen this year, I think we will be fine. Between WK, Speedy, Logan Wright and Monteo, I like our chances. Personally I would to see Speedy and LW get more carries to day. LW can be the battering ram with Speedy hitting it fast.