TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Gentlemen we are going bowling

  1. #21

    Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    They are not going to the Access Bowl after losing to us next Thursday night!
    Well Played
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    16,298

    Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

    Nobody is going to be concerned about bowl eligibility when we get to 10 wins.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    We aren't going just yet... we're only eligible. Not 100% positive 6 wins will get us there, especially as a Sunbelt team. We need to finish the season.
    I'm projecting that bowls will be taking some 5 win teams this year, a few teams could finish 5-6 with their 12th game being cancelled by the hurricane and bowls will take them. 6 wins and you're in.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

    I am glad we are eligible after the &^$%show of the last two years. It is nice to be winning again even if some of them are less than pretty. The first goal of the season is taken care of, but Thursday night is a chance to make a statement and to prove to everyone that our 6-1 actually means something.

    Just keep winning and everything else will sort itself out.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

    Is the New Orleans Bowl the "top" bowl for the Sun Belt?

    Regardless, it's awesome we're going bowling. After the past few years we've had, I would take the Captain D's Bowl Sponsored by Piggly Wiggly.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle08 View Post
    Is the New Orleans Bowl the "top" bowl for the Sun Belt?

    Regardless, it's awesome we're going bowling. After the past few years we've had, I would take the Captain D's Bowl Sponsored by Piggly Wiggly.
    On the FBS level that is what one of the goals is, get bowl eligible. We can checK that one off. Like we've posted, we are now playing with FBS "house money", kids can now play relaxed and focused. Start attempting to check off some of the "other boxes". At start of season I said a GS minimum expectation is 7-5 for a season, so it looks like we will get that. Another neat thing to remember is that we are still a young football team.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    25,201

    Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle08 View Post
    Is the New Orleans Bowl the "top" bowl for the Sun Belt?

    Regardless, it's awesome we're going bowling. After the past few years we've had, I would take the Captain D's Bowl Sponsored by Piggly Wiggly.
    I honestly prefer the DG Bowl.

    Mobile really rolls out the red carpet and it's on main ESPN all by itself so it gets a lot more eyes. We had people talking big time with our win there last time.

    However at this point I'm happy with whatever they give us.


  8. #28

    Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I honestly prefer the DG Bowl.

    Mobile really rolls out the red carpet and it's on main ESPN all by itself so it gets a lot more eyes. We had people talking big time with our win there last time.

    However at this point I'm happy with whatever they give us.
    Totally Agree. I went to the bowl game we played in and I can say I was very impressed with the setup by the bowl and Mobile itself. That was the first time I had been to Mobile and would happily go back if we are invited.

    But like you said, Iíd be happy with any invite. Whatever game it is, Iím sure the committee will be happy with the Eagle Nation turnout.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle08 View Post
    Totally Agree. I went to the bowl game we played in and I can say I was very impressed with the setup by the bowl and Mobile itself. That was the first time I had been to Mobile and would happily go back if we are invited.

    But like you said, Iíd be happy with any invite. Whatever game it is, Iím sure the committee will be happy with the Eagle Nation turnout.
    +1

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    43,154

    Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUTeke View Post
    And I canít wait. The Go Daddy experience was awesome. Iím personally pulling for the Arizona Bowl. I would like to take a trip out west and possibly visit the Grand Canyon.
    That's the absolute worst bowl for our fans to make due to the distance and cost. Weather wise it will be spectacular. Would you rather go to a bowl game with several hundred or 5,000 fans?

    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Similar Threads

  1. We're Going Bowling!
    By gatadotcom in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 7th November 2015, 07:41 PM
  2. Going Bowling: Bad for us?
    By GSU_383 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd November 2009, 11:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •