TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gentlemen we are going bowling

Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    On the FBS level that is what one of the goals is, get bowl eligible. We can checK that one off. Like we've posted, we are now playing with FBS "house money", kids can now play relaxed and focused. Start attempting to check off some of the "other boxes". At start of season I said a GS minimum expectation is 7-5 for a season, so it looks like we will get that. Another neat thing to remember is that we are still a young football team.
    agree 100%
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    That's the absolute worst bowl for our fans to make due to the distance and cost. Weather wise it will be spectacular. Would you rather go to a bowl game with several hundred or 5,000 fans?

MAN, you are raining on my bowl parade!!!
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Yeah, we definitely should go somewhere. I just don't want to limp in from here on out. Let's finish strong. And if by some chance we only have one win left in us (which I don't think will be the case), I want it to be Gag St. We HAVE to get that record against them going back our way.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Yeah, we definitely should go somewhere. I just don't want to limp in from here on out. Let's finish strong. And if by some chance we only have one win left in us (which I don't think will be the case), I want it to be Gag St. We HAVE to get that record against them going back our way.
    This +1000

5. Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Not to mention they way they're pumping up App they must be going to the Access Bowl so they won't be taking a slot.....
    There's no way an 11-1 App State team (they'll be a game short due to the cancellation with Southern Miss) makes it to the Access Bowl over anyone in the AAC. UCF and USF are both 7-0, while Cincinnati and Houston are 6-1.

6. Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    On the FBS level that is what one of the goals is, get bowl eligible. We can checK that one off. Like we've posted, we are now playing with FBS "house money", kids can now play relaxed and focused. Start attempting to check off some of the "other boxes". At start of season I said a GS minimum expectation is 7-5 for a season, so it looks like we will get that. Another neat thing to remember is that we are still a young football team.
    As a G5, your number one goal should be Access Bowl every year. If you asked me, I'd say a G5 teams goals should be in this order:

1. Access Bowl
    2. Win your conference
    3. Win a bowl game

7. Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    There's no way an 11-1 App State team (they'll be a game short due to the cancellation with Southern Miss) makes it to the Access Bowl over anyone in the AAC. UCF and USF are both 7-0, while Cincinnati and Houston are 6-1.
    To go to the Access bowl, one of the qualifications is that you have to be a G5 conference champion. UCF, USF, Cincinnati, and Houston can't ALL win the AAC.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    To go to the Access bowl, one of the qualifications is that you have to be a G5 conference champion. UCF, USF, Cincinnati, and Houston can't ALL win the AAC.
    If anyone other than UCF wins it they've got a shot. Outside of UCF none of the AAC teams are really exceptional by G5 standards.

Let's make all of this a moot point, though.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

9. Default Re: Gentlemen we are going bowling

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Ahh forgot about that. Well, Houston is in the West and the other three in the East. So if you've got two 11-1 teams in the championship game, the winner of that will be your Access Bowl team.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    As a G5, your number one goal should be Access Bowl every year. If you asked me, I'd say a G5 teams goals should be in this order:

1. Access Bowl
    2. Win your conference
    3. Win a bowl game
    Actually, your goals should be in this order:
    1. Undefeated at home
    2. .500 or better in OOC
    3. Win your conference
    4. Access Bowl/Bowl game

Access Bowl is last because it's the one we have the least control over, but everything above it sets you up for it.