TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F*** App State and the goat they rode in on

Default Re: F*** App State and the goat they rode in on

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Not really. They had Edwards and he was basically the entire reason for that run. Make no mistake... App's overall run at the FCS level was good... but not great like GS or NDSU.
    TRUE!

I'd rather have 6 NCs than 3 just as NDSU would rather have 7 NCs rather than 6
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

2. Default Re: F*** App State and the goat they rode in on

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    TRUE!

I'd rather have 6 NCs than 3 just as NDSU would rather have 7 NCs rather than 6
    Meh, your 6 don't count as they happened before the forward pass was invented. And no, they are not considering removing it.

I kid, I kid...

Eric Church inhales vigorously.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Meh, your 6 don't count as they happened before the forward pass was invented. And no, they are not considering removing it.

I kid, I kid...
    WHAT? NDSU never played GSU under Erk or PJ.

Party on NDSU guy! ;-)
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

App State won three titles basically because of the action(s) of GS more than anything they did on their own.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    App State won three titles basically because of the action(s) of GS more than anything they did on their own.
    Uh? Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Uh? Explain.
    Armanti Edwards was verbally committed to GS/Sewak. We fired Sewak and BVG pulled the offer. I heard it directly from Armanti himself at one of the Payton banquets. He said he didn't make a visit yet but he was "all set" to come to GSU. Makes sense because he's a runner dual threat QB and BVG wanted to run a pro style offense.

They did win their first NC when Armanti was in high school. Armanti won the other 2. I think prior to that 5 year semi final run they were like 2-10 in the playoffs.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Armanti Edwards was verbally committed to GS/Sewak. We fired Sewak and BVG pulled the offer. I heard it directly from Armanti himself at one of the Payton banquets. He said he didn't make a visit yet but he was "all set" to come to GSU. Makes sense because he's a runner dual threat QB and BVG wanted to run a pro style offense.

They did win their first NC when Armanti was in high school. Armanti won the other 2. I think prior to that 5 year semi final run they were like 2-10 in the playoffs.
    All that was a byproduct but not the cause. Sam Baker blew the whole program up by throwing the baby out with the bathwater when he hired bvg and hatcher. It was all on Sam as that move gave App an opening to push through. They were a bit player with zero championships in 100 years until that move.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

Armanti and the wide receiver that caught everything too
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

The beautiful thing is the tears flowing on the app boards. Knowing a ton of teams above them lost, they’d easily be top 20 or higher had they beaten us. Oh the humanity, errr....goat-ity?