TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injuries

Default Injuries

On the coaches show last night he said that Russell our nose tackle was done for the year. He also said Chris Teal is out for the year and will be redshirted and that Austin Watts and Justin Calloway are done for the year. Our defensive line just got a lot thinner.
    Eagle Booster since 1993
    HailSouthern!

I was afraid of that. Well, do we move Suggs to NT and bring in Tinsley to start at end with Larry Beard. This sounds like a good front, but we have very little depth there. How many DL transfers will we have in Jan. ?
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

I believe that both Bonds and Walker can play end. Hadn't thought about the possibility of Suggs in the middle. I sure wish that the coaches still felt as good about Wingard's performance as Coach Koonz did back in the spring.

No. Markeith Wylie (295 lb.) will start at NT. We need a big bruiser there and Suggs is down to 255 lb. Casey Wingard (300 lb) will likely be the backup at NT. Suggs wll be welcomed back at DE, where we've got some depth. Beard, Suggs, Walker, Bonds and Tinsley can all play.

All I can say is that Russell must have been one heck of a player. Coming out of spring and early fall, the coaches were raving about Wylie and Wingard. Russell is a true freshman.

5. Default

In coach's radio show last night, he told the story of telling him he was out for the year. When he left the office, Covington was there told Coach that Russell was one heck of a football player. Coach told Chris Blair that Covington is not in the habit of handing out compliments, so it told him all he needed to know about how the team felt about Russell's play. We'll get him back next year!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by BoroNative View Post
    In coach's radio show last night, he told the story of telling him he was out for the year. When he left the office, Covington was there told Coach that Russell was one heck of a football player. Coach told Chris Blair that Covington is not in the habit of handing out compliments, so it told him all he needed to know about how the team felt about Russell's play. We'll get him back next year!
    Yeah, but we won't have Covington! Well, I'll worry about that next year.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    No. Markeith Wylie (295 lb.) will start at NT. We need a big bruiser there and Suggs is down to 255 lb. Casey Wingard (300 lb) will likely be the backup at NT. Suggs wll be welcomed back at DE, where we've got some depth. Beard, Suggs, Walker, Bonds and Tinsley can all play.

All I can say is that Russell must have been one heck of a player. Coming out of spring and early fall, the coaches were raving about Wylie and Wingard. Russell is a true freshman.
    He must be A heck of a player, I was looking forward to seeing him play. It good to know that they were/are high on Wylie and Wingard.

There are a lot of injuries right now. Were we that banged up after the UGA Game? I thought we came of of the game looking good as far as injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by trusty View Post
    There are a lot of injuries right now. Were we that banged up after the UGA Game? I thought we came of of the game looking good as far as injuries.
    The only one I saw go down in the UGA game was Russell. Seems I remember Rogers being gimpy, but I could be making that up. AJ McCray played against UGA.

None of the others played the first game, so they must've been hurt before then.

I must have missed some other threads about injuries. Wow I hope this does not continue to happen. We are already thin.