TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile on the App board

1. Default Meanwhile on the App board

They are claiming even after being spanked that they are still a better team. All kinds of “The refs cheated” posts and “If Thomas doesn’t get hurt” excuses

Default Re: Meanwhile on the App board

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    They are claiming even after being spanked that they are still a better team. All kinds of “The refs cheated” posts and “If Thomas doesn’t get hurt” excuses
    Armanti didn’t break the plane either. Give me those sweet sweet Appy tears.

I didn’t realize Thomas played on defense as well.
    Poster formerly known as BrendanGSU

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanGS View Post
    I didn’t realize Thomas played on defense as well.
    truth...Thomas is probably a solid player but can he throw a pass that brinson cant defend? I bet not

Look, would the game have been different if Thomas played all night, most likely. With that said, that's the risk you take as a running/scrambling kind of QB. It was an extremely clean hit/tackle, guy just hit his head on the turf. Happened right in front of me so I saw when he stood up and wobbled immediately.

The same thing could easily have happened to Shai taking a hit. Injuries are just part of it.

As for the refs, meh... whatever. App was chippy and as much as some of their fans liked to beat their chest on Twitter saying they played in Happy Valley and wasn't scared of our shi&*y little stadium, the folks in Happy Valley didn't hate them the way we did. How many false starts did they have? I'm thinking the crowd noise played a HUGE part in that. So spare me on that nonsense.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

6. Default Re: Meanwhile on the App board

No doubt, the game would have been different with Thomas, but I’m sure it would have been a similar end result. Thomas has like what, 6 FBS games experience under his belt, not a world beater.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    No doubt, the game would have been different with Thomas, but I’m sure it would have been a similar end result. Thomas has like what, 6 FBS games experience under his belt, not a world beater.
    Thomas doesn't play defense.
    Danny Gamboa's Casa de Autos!!!

Sour grapes. Plenty of App fans were complimentary last night after the game. Several scolding their salty fans on their board too.

One thing for sure, they will be looking for payback next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Every fan base reacts this way to losses, injuries, and penalties. I still think the outcome is the same with Thomas; it's just a much closer score.

The only play they have a legitimate gripe about is KCI. The rest of the stuff was their own doing.