TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: If we get ranked.....

Default Re: If we get ranked.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Zero reason for less than 16 teams. Perfect number for everyone involved. The rube media likes to push this 8 ish, but that changes nothing.
    I miss the playoffs we were very good at it 6 times !

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Zero reason for less than 16 teams. Perfect number for everyone involved. The rube media likes to push this 8 ish, but that changes nothing.
    I'll take any expansion we can get.
    But I actually prefer a 12 team playoff that includes a 1st riund bye for the top 4, all conference champions and 2 at Large. As talked about on the page 6.
    THAT would change everything. And I really see no reason to go beyond that number.
    But hey, I'll take 16!

Quote Originally Posted by 81AUGUSTAEAGLE View Post
    I miss the playoffs we were very good at it 6 times !
    I think we made the right decision moving to the FBS, but I loved the I-AA playoffs.

With that said, I don't believe having separate P-5 & G-5 playoffs and NCs is a good idea.

What is a good idea is having a 16 team playoff. Each conference champion would automatically receive a bid with 6 at large teams.

Play the first two rounds at the higher seeded teams and the last two rounds & NC at the current bowls used for the playoff.

Reduce the current number of bowl games by eight and let only the teams which did not make the playoffs play.

Finally, I think a 16 team playoff will happen for several reasons: the amount of money made will be huge, with at least one P-5 conference champion being left out every year the fans of the conferences left out will complain more & more every year especially when there are three SEC teams in it, and I believe a 16 team playoff will very quickly become one of the best if not the best sporting event in the US.
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

For those people that miss the playoffs, guess what?

The championship game is in 4 weeks. All that stands between us and playing in it is 3 games. We have to win every game for the next 3 weeks to get there.

Here. We. Go.

credit: eaglewraith for originally pointing this out

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    For those people that miss the playoffs, guess what?

The championship game is in 4 weeks. All that stands between us and playing in it is 3 games. We have to win every game for the next 3 weeks to get there.

Here. We. Go.

credit: eaglewraith for originally pointing this out
    Heck, we don't even have to win all 3 games to make it to the CCG. Beating Troy is almost a requirement to make the CCG, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Heck, we don't even have to win all 3 games to make it to the CCG. Beating Troy is almost a requirement to make the CCG, though.
    I think we'll need to win out to make it. Either App or Troy are very likely to have one conference loss at the end of the season. We definitely used our mulligan last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    If we don't beat Troy they have no losses in conference and we will have 2. App will be second with 1 loss.

In that case winner of App/Troy would be in.

We have to beat Troy.

Every game is a must win.

Quote Originally Posted by cmaxwellgsu View Post
    I think we'll need to win out to make it. Either App or Troy are very likely to have one conference loss at the end of the season. We definitely used our mulligan last weekend.
    Troy and App still play each other so the team that wins the App/Troy game can't slip up before then. Otherwise you're looking at a 2 conference loss team representing the East.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Every game is a must win.
    We can beat Troy, lose to CCU or Georgia State and still possibly make the CCG depending on how App and Troy play out. Since they still play each other, the loser of that game will be on the outside looking in.

Beating Troy is the key here though, I agree.

We lose again, we won’t be the champ.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low