TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 474849

Thread: Eagles vs Warhawks Gamethread

Default Re: Eagles vs Warhawks Gamethread

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    This is what I was thinking of - and is similar to what Clemson did against us and also ULM. Look how the linemen are run blocking, even the left guard pulls and is getting downfield (FLAG).

Actual x and o talk... I love it.

Iíd call this an rpo. The left side is a pass play with the slot running a slant and the other wr running a box in. The slant wasnít there which led to a semi pump fake but the box in was.

The right side is a run play with both receivers blocking and has a guard pulling to that side.

The mlb is the read. He slides to his left... possibly reading the guard. If he stays put, then the ball is given and you can see how everyone on that side would be accounted for with a blocker. But because he slides left, the ball is pulled. heís not going to under cut the slant or be there to squash the box in.

Thatís how I see it, but Iíve definitely been wrong before.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by Soweagle View Post
    My 9 year old asked why the team looked bored at the beginning of the game. He was expecting what he saw two Thursdays ago.
    This comment stayed on my mind because it was so revealing. A 9 year old may not know much about the subtleties of football, but he can read body language.

We've been terrible on the road and the attempt to "bring our own juice" to the Texas St. game was a fiasco. This is a problem CL still has to solve. A real challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    This comment stayed on my mind because it was so revealing. A 9 year old may not know much about the subtleties of football, but he can read body language.

We've been terrible on the road and the attempt to "bring our own juice" to the Texas St. game was a fiasco. This is a problem CL still has to solve. A real challenge.
    +1, you know I mentioned this earlier but I'm a big "momentum" guy. In all sports IMO, momentum plays a huge role in the game. So OK ULM scores first but they only put 6 on the board. We then drive the ball down the field but can't get it in to go up 7-6(would have been a "shot of momentum") and to drain even more momentum from us Bass misses a chip shot field goal. Huge momentum shift back to ULM. Then, what?, the next play ULM scores on 80 yard TD. Game over!, ULM almost overdoses on momentum. At half time due in part to espn3 losing the stream of the game(but funny how all the darn commercials ran smoothly), I switched over and watched the final two races of the Breeders Cup. Let's hope Saturday we early on can catch some momentum and build on it.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, you know I mentioned this earlier but I'm a big "momentum" guy. In all sports IMO, momentum plays a huge role in the game. So OK ULM scores first but they only put 6 on the board. We then drive the ball down the field but can't get it in to go up 7-6(would have been a "shot of momentum") and to drain even more momentum from us Bass misses a chip shot field goal. Huge momentum shift back to ULM. Then, what?, the next play ULM scores on 80 yard TD. Game over!, ULM almost overdoses on momentum. At half time due in part to espn3 losing the stream of the game(but funny how all the darn commercials ran smoothly), I switched over and watched the final two races of the Breeders Cup. Let's hope Saturday we early on can catch some momentum and build on it.
    my point is, we go up 7-6, IMO, totally different football game Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    my point is, we go up 7-6, IMO, totally different football game Saturday.
    I agree. Coach Lunsford said on the coaches show that after Bass missed the FG all the eagle players hung their heads, which he said hasn't happened all year. They're feeling sorry for themselves, meanwhile ULM just scores another TD on 1 play. That failed drive by us was huge.