TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles v Trojans Predictions

Default Re: Eagles v Trojans Predictions

Troy makes a living throwing it deep. if we can put a stop to the deep throws, we can take away a big part of their game.

2. Default Re: Eagles v Trojans Predictions

Not going to predict a score but I have the same feeling about this game as I did before the App game, which was prepare for the worst, so maybe this turns out as good as the App game. It is nice however to be confident that the coaches will have the team coached up from last week, didn’t have that for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    Troy makes a living throwing it deep. if we can put a stop to the deep throws, we can take away a big part of their game.
    We’ve done well at preventing deep passes. ULM beat us partly because of 10-12 yard passes that turned into 60-yard TD’s because of poor pursuit/players out of position. We hadn’t had that happen until last week.
    GATAlac's First Law of the Interwebs: "As a thread on GSUfans grows longer, the probability of devolving into a debate on the flex approaches 1"

we are 1 point dogs.

[QUOTE=GATAlac El Dorado;937482]We’ve done well at preventing deep passes. ULM beat us partly because of 10-12 yard passes that turned into 60-yard TD’s because of poor pursuit/players out of position. We hadn’t had that happen until last week.[/QUOT

Got to find a way to put some pressure on their QB or we'll see more of that on Saturday. As much as they like to throw the bomb, Troy is smart enough to see where we showed a weakness. Expect them to try to do the same thing that ULM did to us. The difference here is that their QB is not near the run threat that the ULM QB was. Hopefully we won't spend the day looking into the backfield while WRs run past us.

[QUOTE=straightshooter;937495]
    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    We’ve done well at preventing deep passes. ULM beat us partly because of 10-12 yard passes that turned into 60-yard TD’s because of poor pursuit/players out of position. We hadn’t had that happen until last week.[/QUOT

Got to find a way to put some pressure on their QB or we'll see more of that on Saturday. As much as they like to throw the bomb, Troy is smart enough to see where we showed a weakness. Expect them to try to do the same thing that ULM did to us. The difference here is that their QB is not near the run threat that the ULM QB was. Hopefully we won't spend the day looking into the backfield while WRs run past us.
    That's what I'm saying - their WR's didn't run past us, at least not until they caught the pass underneath. We didn't get beat 'over the top'. These were the same kind of passes we've allowed all season, but we got out of position to make the tackles after the catch. I don't think it's so much what they did differently, we just had execution or assignment-discipline issues. I think we just mentally broke down, due to whatever, but hopefully we'll have our minds right going forward.
    GATAlac's First Law of the Interwebs: "As a thread on GSUfans grows longer, the probability of devolving into a debate on the flex approaches 1"

[QUOTE=GATAlac El Dorado;937506]
    Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post

That's what I'm saying - their WR's didn't run past us, at least not until they caught the pass underneath. We didn't get beat 'over the top'. These were the same kind of passes we've allowed all season, but we got out of position to make the tackles after the catch. I don't think it's so much what they did differently, we just had execution or assignment-discipline issues. I think we just mentally broke down, due to whatever, but hopefully we'll have our minds right going forward.
    What's crazy is that App States D last season gave up 52 points to ULM running the same defense.

8. Default Re: Eagles v Trojans Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    we are 1 point dogs.

Garns, I'm a betting man myself and i'm hoping we can become bigger underdogs in the eyes of Vegas. I feel good about this weekend...you think our eagles will get more points or do you think its gonna stay at +1?
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - The Late Great Col. Sanders (11/23/13)
    Game Day Drink # 9 - Gevaila Kaffe w/ Cream - Dark Gold Roast

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    Garns, I'm a betting man myself and i'm hoping we can become bigger underdogs in the eyes of Vegas. I feel good about this weekend...you think our eagles will get more points or do you think its gonna stay at +1?
    Not answering for Garns but it looks like the line is moving so that Vegas hedges it's bets since the public is strongly playing Troy in the matchup. Just a way that Vegas doesn't let the bets fall to strong on one side and not because of new opinions or injury's.

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    im now very careful especially after the way we played, I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole. Now if we played great last week I'd be all over this game. I still think we win but not strong enough to put 100-200 dollars on it.