TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not Deaf Yet. (Howitzer)

Default Re: Not Deaf Yet. (Howitzer)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It's a host site for a reason. Otherwise we would have used a neutral location.
    I agree. It does not make sense to treat this as a neutral site game when it is a "reward" for being the higher ranked team of the two division winners.

Does anyone know how the tickets will be handled if we host? Would ticket holders first choice for buying their seats for the game? Will the students get in free or will they have to buy a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I agree. It does not make sense to treat this as a neutral site game when it is a "reward" for being the higher ranked team of the two division winners.

Does anyone know how the tickets will be handled if we host? Would ticket holders first choice for buying their seats for the game? Will the students get in free or will they have to buy a ticket?
    I'd have to imagine the ticket office would handle non-students like it did our FCS playoff games- season ticket holders get first right of refusal on their seats before it opens to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It's a host site for a reason. Otherwise we would have used a neutral location.
    That's what I was told by a friend in marketing, the advantage is majority home crowd and no travel for the team. We will have to offer a minimum allotment to the "visitor".
    Michael - '10 BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
    Statesboro by way of Thomson
    AMSOIL Independent Dealer - ZO# 1953271

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Aren’t they saying despite the game being hosted by a school it makes sense that it would be run like a neutral site championship game?

I think hosting the championship game is an incentive to teams, I’d think other reasons exist for not holding it at a neutral site than just as a reward for the best conference record.

It makes sense to let a team host to avoid paying a neutral site to host. Also, to avoid some predetermined neutral site from having poor attendance, which would look bad and could cut into any potential ticket revenue the game may generate.
    Last edited by GSUEagle12; 6th November 2018 at 11:49 AM.

Any truth to the rumor that it’s aimed at the caravan?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low