TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bringing 2 small children...Halp

Default Bringing 2 small children...Halp

So this weekend I am bringing my 3yo and my 19month old to the game with my wife and I. Kickoff is at 1pm. Usually they nap between 1230-230, but it's looking like we will be skipping that for the game. Any advice from those who bring their kids on the regular? Are they too young to go on the Field of Dreams? What time do the inflatables start in the pregame area? Any advice is appreciated. I want this experience to go well so I can convince the wife to buy season tickets and take them to all the games next year

Default Re: Bringing 2 small children...Halp

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    So this weekend I am bringing my 3yo and my 19month old to the game with my wife and I. Kickoff is at 1pm. Usually they nap between 1230-230, but it's looking like we will be skipping that for the game. Any advice from those who bring their kids on the regular? Are they too young to go on the Field of Dreams? What time do the inflatables start in the pregame area? Any advice is appreciated. I want this experience to go well so I can convince the wife to buy season tickets and take them to all the games next year
    Good luck, bring ear protection for the kids if they don't like loud noises.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

4, 3 and 1 here.

It is tough to go the entire game with them in stands, so be prepared to not watch the whole game. I do not think my boys are ready for Field of Dreams.. some larger/rambunctious kids in that area.

Good luck.. the work is worth the experience!

Pro-tip: Security will not check diaper bags nor does it have to follow the clear bag protocol. Head security guy scolded the guy for checking our diaper bag and told him as much.

LEAVE SMALL KIDS AT HOME WITH SITTER. 3 YR old is fine if he's well behaved, potty trained, and if you have the patience. 19 month old will age you 50 years.

5. Default Re: Bringing 2 small children...Halp

When my niece and nephew came to visit, they loved playing around on sweetheart circle before the game and going to the bookstore and feeding the ducks at Lake Ruby, they loved the Eagle Walk and the field of dreams and high fiving GUS, and they loved walking down on the field and watching the band after the game. Granted they were 6 and 7, but even though us adults were more focused on keeping them occupied than watching the game, it was fun to just make a whole day of it. They had a blast. The trick is finding the stuff kids would like to do.

6. Default Re: Bringing 2 small children...Halp

****Note to Self: Have PowerEagle sneak in everyone's bourbon
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - The Late Great Col. Sanders (11/23/13)
    Game Day Drink # 9 - Gevaila Kaffe w/ Cream - Dark Gold Roast

Prayers going up!

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    ****Note to Self: Have PowerEagle sneak in everyone's bourbon
    I only charge a small fee*

*small fee is you have to watch my kids for 2 series

9. Default Re: Bringing 2 small children...Halp

Sounds like a deal to me...I'll buy the 3yo a lot of candy and some noise makers and send him right on back to ya!
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - The Late Great Col. Sanders (11/23/13)
    Game Day Drink # 9 - Gevaila Kaffe w/ Cream - Dark Gold Roast

We used to bring a big quilt and lay them on the slope. My youngest was 3 weeks old for his first game. The cannon would knock that out for now. The grass wasn't bad back then 86 to 1992.