TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure Bowl versus Tulane

Default Re: Cure Bowl versus Tulane

Actually it's almost a direct quote from PJ himself. Not sure I could find that interview or article from nearly 20 years ago.

we don't want to line up and play USC one week, Florida and then Ohio State. But I think in a given situation, when we've had a chance, we've beaten Rutgers. We've beaten Boston College. We've beaten Georgia Tech

And another article:
    But here’s a fact: One of the secrets to Navy’s recent success was the 4-4-4 scheduling concept Johnson insisted Gladchuk adapt. Four games that should always be wins; four games that should be competitive; four games that would be difficult.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/for-navy-football-the-cost-of-joining-the-aac-might-only-now-becoming-due/2018/09/26/c85c28b4-c107-11e8-90c9-23f963eea204_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6902a2eb7661
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Their schedules look no different. Another falsehood
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

OK, even if we assume that it’s possible to craft your schedule that accurately when putting it together 4-5 years in advance (it isn’t) and given that three of their games are always scheduled every year and assuming that they actually did so, that would indicate a projected win % of +/- .500, all other things being equal.

Even so, I’ll amend my statement: Given their schedule, I’d still love to hear someone actually suggest that Navy could average 9 wins a year over that 15-year stretch with anything else.
    Last edited by GATAlac El Dorado; 7th November 2018 at 06:23 AM.
    GATAlac's First Law of the Interwebs: "As a thread on GSUfans grows longer, the probability of devolving into a debate on the flex approaches 1"

4. Default Re: Cure Bowl versus Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post

Even so, I’ll amend my statement: Given their schedule, I’d still love to hear someone actually suggest that Navy could average 9 wins a year over that 15-year stretch with anything else.
    Moot point, because we will never know.

OK, even if we assume that it’s possible to craft your schedule that accurately when putting it together 4-5 years in advance (it isn’t) and given that three of their games are always scheduled every year and assuming that they actually did so, that would indicate a projected win % of +/- .500, all other things being equal.

You'll be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't love the flexbone here (at least from fans who were here during the good times). The problem isn't the offense. It's the circlejerk of people masturbating furiously over it regardless of anything else, especially at the first sign of any adversity we encounter. These are the ones you see being trolled.

We get it, you think it's a good system (I wouldn't have any issues with us running it again, assuming we didn't fall into some of the same traps we have in the past). We're not arguing with you though, cause you are approaching it from a common sense perspective. You don't have to go super defensive to defend those people though.

Kansas could become respectable if they chose to go flex/TO(IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    They could also rehire Mangino. He was the only one that ever did anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Moot point, because we will never know.
    Of course we can’t know, I’d just like to hear one of the trolls actually make the statement to prove they’re not just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You'll be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't love the flexbone here (at least from fans who were here during the good times). The problem isn't the offense. It's the circlejerk of people masturbating furiously over it regardless of anything else, especially at the first sign of any adversity we encounter. These are the ones you see being trolled.

We get it, you think it's a good system (I wouldn't have any issues with us running it again, assuming we didn't fall into some of the same traps we have in the past). We're not arguing with you though, cause you are approaching it from a common sense perspective. You don't have to go super defensive to defend those people though.
    There’s what, a couple of people still doing the circle jerk? And even they rarely bring it up anymore except in defense of an insult or to make reference to one of our former coaches. Yet there are a dozen who can’t wait for every opportunity to troll them. I’m all for putting it to bed for the foreseeable future, it’s the trolls who can’t resist picking the scab every other day and making outrageous straw man arguments.
    GATAlac's First Law of the Interwebs: "As a thread on GSUfans grows longer, the probability of devolving into a debate on the flex approaches 1"

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I dunno. It's a good system, but you still have to have some talent and good coaching. It's not gonna close the huge gap between Kansas and the other teams in that conference, even if they get one of the three or four top notch flex coaches in the country . . . none of whom are leaving their current jobs for Kansas.

Unless, of course, either PJ or Tech decides that it's time to move on.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

There’s what, a couple of people still doing the circle jerk? And even they rarely bring it up anymore except in defense of an insult or to make reference to one of our former coaches. Yet there are a dozen who can’t wait for every opportunity to troll them. I’m all for putting it to bed for the foreseeable future, it’s the trolls who can’t resist picking the scab every other day and making outrageous straw man arguments.
    I agree, of course.

Here's a related question: when did Navy join the AAC? I know they made a big run a couple of years ago, but has their success rate changed since they joined a conference (vs being independent)?
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings