TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MBB - GS vs Carver College

Default Re: MBB - GS vs Carver College

George Mason, while hasn’t been up to their standard over past 7 years, is still a massive jump from those Baptists.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Tyshawn Crawford looked pretty good to me. He has a nice touch, made free throws and nice rebounds. This team is talented and Carter didn’t play.
    +1, you can't teach 7'1". He is a load and I've been impressed with his athleticism. Will continue to improve.

I love the 19 to 9 Assist to Turnover ratio and the amount of players available that can score the ball. I also feel like we have legitimate 2 deep at every position for the first time in forever.

Players that didn’t play tonight were:

Frosh

G - Viti (RS?) - Twitter comments say yes
    G - McCadden (RS?) - I wouldn’t have thought so but time will tell.
    G - Dillard (RS?) - Most likely

Junior

F/C - Carter (Injured - Hernia Surgery)
    Last edited by eagle95; 7th November 2018 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    I love the 19 to 9 Assist to Turnover ratio and the amount of players available that can score the ball. I also feel like we have legitimate 2 deep at every position for the first time in forever.

Players that didn’t play tonight were:

Frosh

G - Viti (RS?) - Twitter comments say yes
    G - McCadden (RS?) - I wouldn’t have thought so but time will tell.
    G - Dillard (RS?) - Most likely

Junior

F/C - Carter (Injured - Hernia Surgery)
    we only had 11 dressed and that included our 2 walk on's. I'm not sure we will be redshirting anyone?

5. Default Re: MBB - GS vs Carver College

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    George Mason, while hasn’t been up to their standard over past 7 years, is still a massive jump from those Baptists.
    George Mason just lost to Penn by 2. Penn went to the dance last year and should be decent this year. Hope this game doesn't get us too cocky.

Interesting we only took 17 three point shots! Maybe we are talented to the point that we no longer have to live or die by firing up three pointers all night. Boy, that would be nice. All these new guys can take it to the rim and sky baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Game On View Post
    George Mason just lost to Penn by 2. Penn went to the dance last year and should be decent this year. Hope this game doesn't get us too cocky.
    it won't but it is a solid OOC game.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, you can't teach 7'1". He is a load and I've been impressed with his athleticism. Will continue to improve.
    I agree that he looked good against Carver. I still don't see him helping much this year against good teams, but it looked like the light bulb went off Wednesday night. He gave us good effort and he has a nice touch. If he can drop 25 to 30 pounds he could be a force by his Jr. year.
    Quan and Jones have picked their game up, Quan has gone from good to elite. CW is a baller and our 2 walk ons aren't bad either.
    It's gonna be a fun season.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I agree that he looked good against Carver. I still don't see him helping much this year against good teams, but it looked like the light bulb went off Wednesday night. He gave us good effort and he has a nice touch. If he can drop 25 to 30 pounds he could be a force by his Jr. year.
    Quan and Jones have picked their game up, Quan has gone from good to elite. CW is a baller and our 2 walk ons aren't bad either.
    It's gonna be a fun season.
    +1. I'm not sure I want the big boy losing 20-30lbs. Would like to see him continue to use his size and girth to an advantage, develop a little more quickness to go with his size and that young man will be an intimidator and a double/double machine. It's looking like we will have a legitimate 7 foot'er., rather than a "string bean", who can easily get pushed off the spot.

He needs to lose weight, but not 20-30. Him being in a college S&C program should allow him to drop “good” weight.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low