TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AP - Spririt Referee

Default Re: AP - Spririt Referee

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    You might want to give it 2-3 years before you start any of that there...the merger isn’t exactly the simple, easy process some hoped it was going to be.
    Who outside the BOR thought this was going to be simple?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by hcjim999 View Post
    Go to Armstrong and have a field day with this.
    That is s funny thought.

But not the best diplomatic move.
    Maybe you do that but give immunity to anyone in Armstrong gear. We need to let nature take over there and use something like this to just weed out the uga stuff. That's the only one that stunts our growth and should be the main Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    That is s funny thought.

Maybe you do that but give immunity to anyone in Armstrong gear. We need to let nature take over there and use something like this to just weed out the uga stuff. That's the only one that stunts our growth and should be the main Target.
    Here's an idea (too late for now though) -

Offer every armstrong student that takes the shuttle to a game in Statesboro a free "True Blue" tee shirt along with a coupon for $5 at the concession stand. The cost on that is probably $10-15 per student who takes advantage, the bus is running anyway, and you have the potential to get more students in attendance and bought in to being an Eagle, who then go tell their friends and bring them the next game, etc. College kids will do anything for a free t-shirt, and I have credit card debt to prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    That is s funny thought.

The only thing that could happen to lessen UGA’s influence is if it ceased to exist. The main ‘target’ should be cultivating greater participation from among our students, alumni and communities who aren’t already die-hard dawg (or other) fans.

I swear I think some people would rather ‘convert’ one UGA fan by selling them a single walk-up ticket or having them buy a blue t-shirt to hang in their predominantly red closet than cultivate and enroll 500 new and existing alumni a year who aren’t UGA fans as True Blue donors/season ticket holders.
    GATAlac's First Law of the Interwebs: "As a thread on GSUfans grows longer, the probability of devolving into a debate on the flex approaches 1"

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    The only thing that could happen to lessen UGA’s influence is if it ceased to exist. The main ‘target’ should be cultivating greater participation from among our students, alumni and communities who aren’t already die-hard dawg (or other) fans.

I swear I think some people would rather ‘convert’ one UGA fan by selling them a single walk-up ticket or having them buy a blue t-shirt to hang in their predominantly red closet than cultivate and enroll 500 new and existing alumni a year who aren’t UGA fans as True Blue donors/season ticket holders.
    Not really true. We'll never get rid of uga's influence, but we can lesson their hold on our students without them ceasing to exist.
    It'd help if they were to go back to mediocre football and we go on a multi year bowl/conference champs and Access bowl appearance and work our way into the top 25 consistently at the same time. (Instead of the exact opposite over the last two years).

But I say hitum everywhere! Let's convert as many of them as we can AND enroll those 500 you speak of. They two strategies aren't mutually exclusive. I used to where UGA gear on our campus. If I can be converted, many of them can. And now I've recruited several others.