TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AP - Spririt Referee

Default Re: AP - Spririt Referee

AP did a great job with this. Terrific ambassador for our program.
    GATAlac's First Law of the Interwebs: "As a thread on GSUfans grows longer, the probability of devolving into a debate on the flex approaches 1"

2. Default Re: AP - Spririt Referee

I wonder how many students in AP Instrgram don't know who he is.

AP needs to be outside the gates a Paulson with a trash can asking people to be True Blue and dump their UGA and other schools stuff in. He should also walk around the parking lot asking people to be True Blue and put away all the other school chairs, flags, tables etc. If he gave out new GS shirts to replace just UGA hats and shirts he would need cases to wipe out just the non-students.
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

3. Default Re: AP - Spririt Referee

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Well, I've got mixed feelings about that, but as long as people know it's all in good fun.
    Why the mixed feelings? If you go to school here, then you should support the school. Be thankful that the school allowed them to come to school

Loved it... and definitely love AP doing all he does for the school.

Is it just me or did it seem not a single one of those kids even cared about being called out?

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Do they not show a video of "The Run" at orientation? WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Well, I've got mixed feelings about that, but as long as people know it's all in good fun.
    I think it was obviously done in a good-natured manner. I mean, a ref shirt and throwing a flag? If they’d gone and loudly berated them and embarrassed them in front of a crowd . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Why the mixed feelings? If you go to school here, then you should support the school. Be thankful that the school allowed them to come to school
    Some ‘students’ are non-traditional. Getting graduate degrees, working jobs and going to school part time, online degrees, etc. For some people, choosing a school might be based strictly on the program availability and the proximity/convenience of the campus. Not every person walking around campus is a full time student just out of high school living in a dorm, going to frat parties and pep rallies. For some it’s strictly a business proposition. The whole concept of getting emotionally invested in extracurricular activities is a non-issue for those folks. At the end of the day, the school as an academic institution isn’t doing anyone any favors people need to be ‘thankful’ for, people meet the admission requirements and are allowed to enroll, they pay the requisite tuition and the school provides the courses, they complete the course work and receive a grade, they complete the program of study and receive a degree. Thank you very much, nice doing business with you. I see all the ancillary fun stuff like sports fandom and school spirit as a whole other part of the experience that is organic and is a function of what those who choose to participate collectively put into it.
    GATAlac's First Law of the Interwebs: "As a thread on GSUfans grows longer, the probability of devolving into a debate on the flex approaches 1"

AP needs to send Luke Bryan a shirt

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDawg View Post
    Oh the irony.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I think it was obviously done in a good-natured manner. I mean, a ref shirt and throwing a flag? If they’d gone and loudly berated them and embarrassed them in front of a crowd . . .

Some ‘students’ are non-traditional. Getting graduate degrees, working jobs and going to school part time, online degrees, etc. For some people, choosing a school might be based strictly on the program availability and the proximity/convenience of the campus. Not every person walking around campus is a full time student just out of high school living in a dorm, going to frat parties and pep rallies. For some it’s strictly a business proposition. The whole concept of getting emotionally invested in extracurricular activities is a non-issue for those folks. At the end of the day, the school as an academic institution isn’t doing anyone any favors people need to be ‘thankful’ for, people meet the admission requirements and are allowed to enroll, they pay the requisite tuition and the school provides the courses, they complete the course work and receive a grade, they complete the program of study and receive a degree. Thank you very much, nice doing business with you. I see all the ancillary fun stuff like sports fandom and school spirit as a whole other part of the experience that is organic and is a function of what those who choose to participate collectively put into it.
    The professors do a pretty good job of indoctrinating students in politics and publicly shaming those who disagree. I see no problem with an Athletics staff member doing this.