TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AP - Spririt Referee

Default Re: AP - Spririt Referee

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    The professors do a pretty good job of indoctrinating students in politics and publicly shaming those who disagree. I see no problem with an Athletics staff member doing this.
    Neither do I. I like it. I was simply pointing out that the whole concept may be lost on some students, and the idea that we’ll ever get to a place where ever single person who has ever attended a class or had any association with the school, or who lives in a 150-mile radius is die hard True Blue is a misguided dream. We need to cultivate the fertile ground of lukewarm or undecided fans. I think this was a good and hopefully productive effort.
    GATAlac's First Law of the Interwebs: "As a thread on GSUfans grows longer, the probability of devolving into a debate on the flex approaches 1"

When I was in grad school a lot of my classmates came from other schools - Minnesota, FSU, UNC, Southern Illinois - and those of us that were from GS did our best to welcome them and encourage them to come tailgate and to games, and they did for the most part. They cheered for the Eagles and also cheered for their undergrad schools (we would often have get togethers to watch games). I never faulted them for wearing their former schools gear on campus - had I gone to grad school somewhere other than Southern I probably would have worn GS gear all over that campus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    When I was in grad school a lot of my classmates came from other schools - Minnesota, FSU, UNC, Southern Illinois - and those of us that were from GS did our best to welcome them and encourage them to come tailgate and to games, and they did for the most part. They cheered for the Eagles and also cheered for their undergrad schools (we would often have get togethers to watch games). I never faulted them for wearing their former schools gear on campus - had I gone to grad school somewhere other than Southern I probably would have worn GS gear all over that campus as well.
    I get that.
    But by enlarge, those doing it are undergrads. And this is done in a way that doesn't really hurt any feelings. Some may have a valid reason, well... they still get a free shirt.

4. Default Re: AP - Spririt Referee

I bet Ga State does this too but they give students UGA tshirts and remind them "we're all in this together"

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    I get that.
    But by enlarge, those doing it are undergrads. And this is done in a way that doesn't really hurt any feelings. Some may have a valid reason, well... they still get a free shirt.
    Yea I have no problem with the athletic department doing this, I think it's great. Was just saying that I understand why some people may have some other apparel they're wearing to class or the library or to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsperson1983 View Post
    kennesaw state been doing this for 2 years now
    I've seen a video like this as far back as 5 or 6 years ago from other universities. It's pretty common now.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

Go to Armstrong and have a field day with this.

8. Default Re: AP - Spririt Referee

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    I've seen a video like this as far back as 5 or 6 years ago from other universities. It's pretty common now.
    I saw a video of MTSU doing this 3-4 years ago.

9. Default Re: AP - Spririt Referee

Quote Originally Posted by hcjim999 View Post
    Go to Armstrong and have a field day with this.
    You might want to give it 2-3 years before you start any of that there...the merger isn’t exactly the simple, easy process some hoped it was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    You might want to give it 2-3 years before you start any of that there...the merger isn’t exactly the simple, easy process some hoped it was going to be.
    From what standpoint? Students? Faculty? Both?
    GATAlac's First Law of the Interwebs: "As a thread on GSUfans grows longer, the probability of devolving into a debate on the flex approaches 1"