0 0%
  • C+

0 0%
  • C

0 0%
  • Fyre Teekay

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-3 with wins over App State and State...

Default 9-3 with wins over App State and State...

I'll take it. And you will, too.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

2. Default Re: 9-3 with wins over App State and State...

The level of silliness in our fanbase is monumental. Anyone not recognizing that a coach taking a 2 win team, having a single off-season and turning it into a 9-3 team that keelhauled their two most hated rivals is FAR beyond average needs their head examined.

None of the other factors need be mentioned...on the simple W-L factor, that is nothing short of nigh Erk Russell miraculous. I mean, what was our record after the first Monken season? Dare I say it, if we get one more W, Lunsford will have matched the 1997 PJ turnaround.

I mean, what tumor is causing this madness? Will the future tell how this will pan out? Of course, could go either way. But if you are grading the performance of the head coach for his first season as a head coach...and the circumstances he inherited notwithstanding, freakin 2-10 to 9-3 is enough to cut an A grade on ANY coaching staff.

Default Re: 9-3 with wins over App State and State...

To instill again the will to win, when these kids were poorly coached for two seasons, to implement a new offense/defense scheme and win 9 games with a shot at 10 is darn right A+ work.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    To instill again the will to win, when these kids were poorly coached for two seasons, to implement a new offense/defense scheme and win 9 games with a shot at 10 is darn right A+ work.
    Spot on!

The reprogramming of the proper attitude and demeanor in addition to new coordinators was a MASSIVE overhaul. We all thought this would take 1+ years to look reasonably competent and and to actually achieve 9 wins is uplifting.

The possibility to go from being a 10 loss team to a 10 win team within one year is masterful!

Serious question, how much of a shot do we have for national coach of the year?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing 1peat. It would be nice if he was at least mentioned in the discussion.

From 2 -10 to hopefully 10-3 is unreal. Let's win the bowl and lobby like crazy. But the media can argue we had a favorable schedule, in fact I remember someone on espn saying we could go 11-1 with the only loss being to clemson.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Dittos to all comments above. Thank you Chad Lunsford.

TS was fired 13 months too late.

9. Default Re: 9-3 with wins over App State and State...

Hell of a turnaround! I thought there was no chance of a bowl-and I was sadly thinking we would lose to both App and State again. After the slow start the first could of games, I knew there would be no bowl. Never have I been happier to be wrong!

10. Default Re: 9-3 with wins over App State and State...

D
    I think CL will definitely be discussed in that area.

He (and staff) deserve some kind of special recognition.

Good luck getting any from most of the big commentators (who refer to us as “chitty chitty bang bang.”)