TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vildor Second Team All American

Default Vildor Second Team All American

Georgia Southern junior cornerback Kindle Vildor has been named a second-team All-American by Pro Football Focus, a site dedicated solely to the analysis every player and every play of every game to deliver player grades, stats, and rankings for the NFL, fantasy football, and NFL Draft. Vildor becomes the second All-American in the FBS era for the Eagles, joining Younghoe Koo who was a third-team All-American by Phil Steele in 2015.

The all-conference selections have been made by each of PFF's leading conference analyst based mainly on PFF's play-by-play grading process for the entire season as well as cumulative grades, game grades against quality opposition, other PFF advanced statistics and playing time.

PFF is one of the 13 outlets or sites used to determine the College Football All-America Team.

Also recognized by the outlet as All-Sun Belt performers were:

First Team
    Tyler Bass: Was perfect on extra points while also knocking home a conference-best 88.9% of his field goals, including a perfect 7-of-7 from 40-49 yards out.
    Monquavion Brinson: His elite tackling grade of 89.3 and run-defense grade of 90.4 are more impressive when you consider that he's only 180 pounds.
    Raymond Johnson III: Had a well-rounded season this year with 33 pressures to go along with 22 defensive stops.
    Kindle Vildor: Put up elite numbers in coverage, allowing a reception on just over 50.0% of targeted passes and a passer rating of 49.6 when targeted. He recorded four interceptions (most) and had no penalties called against him this season, leading to his selection as Second-Team All-American at cornerback.

Second Team
    Wesley Kennedy III
    Shai Werts

https://gseagles.com/news/2018/12/4/...all-focus.aspx
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Default Re: Vildor Second Team All American

Werts second team all-SBC...those PFF guys don't know what they're talking about. I was assured he wasn't all-conference material by some here.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Werts second team all-SBC...those PFF guys don't know what they're talking about. I was assured he wasn't all-conference material by some here.
    He's the 4th best QB in the conference.

I wish I could get the Troy game out of my mind, ie BACK to Back 40 yard pass completions.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I wish I could get the Troy game out of my mind, ie BACK to Back 40 yard pass completions.
    Man Garns, you and Buzz like to rain on a parade!

Sad thing is that Vildor was in great coverage, the ball was just underthrown in both instances and he couldn't track it in time. If the ball was on the money Vildor breaks both of those up.
    Last edited by eaglewraith; 5th December 2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: underthrown, not overthrown.....need caffeine

Yikes. That's just wrong.

Thought of that too. Funny, I had an old baseball coach in high school that always harped on that it is not the first error that is bad, it is making another one on the next play while still mad about the first one. It seemed like he was still thinking about that first pass when they went right back at him again. Smart on Troy’s part.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Sad thing is that Vildor was in great coverage, the ball was just underthrown in both instances and he couldn't track it in time. If the ball was on the money Vildor breaks both of those up.
    Exactly. His coverage was pretty much textbook on those plays. It is very difficult for a DB to handle a WR when the passes are that poorly underthrown. The WR is running a go route, turns to look and has to make a big correction on the ball to get to it. DB is pretty much hung out to dry in that instance despite the excellent coverage on his part. Happens a lot. My guess is that he got a good grade for his coverage, even though the result was not very good for GS.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    Exactly. His coverage was pretty much textbook on those plays. It is very difficult for a DB to handle a WR when the passes are that poorly underthrown. The WR is running a go route, turns to look and has to make a big correction on the ball to get to it. DB is pretty much hung out to dry in that instance despite the excellent coverage on his part. Happens a lot. My guess is that he got a good grade for his coverage, even though the result was not very good for GS.
    These days, I think QBs are coached to err on the side of underthrowing that pattern against that coverage. The WR has a huge advantage in that situation.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops