TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

  1. Default Re: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

    Just throwing this out there. When J.D. King doesn't have to sit out this year because of an upcoming NCAA loophole I don't think fans on this message board will be saying how mad they are at the NCAA. Not reporting it yet, but sources tell me there's a good chance King is starting against LSU August 31st, and I say starting because no chance that guy with that talent is sitting the bench if he is eligible.

  2. #52

    Default Re: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

    Quote Originally Posted by BullochHLN View Post
    Just throwing this out there. When J.D. King doesn't have to sit out this year because of an upcoming NCAA loophole I don't think fans on this message board will be saying how mad they are at the NCAA. Not reporting it yet, but sources tell me there's a good chance King is starting against LSU August 31st, and I say starting because no chance that guy with that talent is sitting the bench if he is eligible.
    Started to post that I'll believe it when I see it.

    Then I saw who it was.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,537

    Default Re: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

    Aubrey just gonna walk up in here and drop the mic like that.


  4. Default Re: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

    There's no doubt that the NCAA is working towards more lenient transfer rules. It's going to be interesting to see which programs will be first to start gaming that system.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    45,049

    Default Re: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

    Quote Originally Posted by BullochHLN View Post
    Just throwing this out there. When J.D. King doesn't have to sit out this year because of an upcoming NCAA loophole I don't think fans on this message board will be saying how mad they are at the NCAA. Not reporting it yet, but sources tell me there's a good chance King is starting against LSU August 31st, and I say starting because no chance that guy with that talent is sitting the bench if he is eligible.
    What is the reason may I ask that the waiver will be granted?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  6. Default Re: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

    Well let's just say I have it on good authority that in the Spring the NCAA is adding to their transfer policy, and whatever that will be, should allow King to be eligible.

  7. #57

    Default Re: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Pretty sure he played in more than 4 games last year. But yeah he was supposedly gone until he got put in that game. Talk about a decision that changed history. If Saban leaves Hurts in then UGA is probably staring down a matchup with Clemson for a chance at back to back national titles right now.

    And before anybody brings up what Hurts did in the SECCG, donít think for one minute that didnít have everything to do with a fresh mobile QB that the coaches didnít gameplan for coming into the game. Remember when the Robinson (?) kid from UTC came in against us and looked all world and then was moved to WR the following year? Having to gameplan for a mobile QB on the fly is probably the worst nightmare for a DC.
    They lost to the backup QB. No way you can spin that in thUGAs favor. Alabama beat them without their best player.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  8. #58

    Default Re: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    And before anybody brings up what Hurts did in the SECCG, donít think for one minute that didnít have everything to do with a fresh mobile QB that the coaches didnít gameplan for coming into the game. Remember when the Robinson (?) kid from UTC came in against us and looked all world and then was moved to WR the following year? Having to gameplan for a mobile QB on the fly is probably the worst nightmare for a DC.
    Every coach should just randomly put in their backup in crunch time in the CCG. I mean, it's the element of surprise, right?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  9. #59

    Default Re: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Every coach should just randomly put in their backup in crunch time in the CCG. I mean, it's the element of surprise, right?
    The Pats should have inserted Brian Hoyer in the SB last year. Would have had that sixth ring.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  10. #60

    Default Re: NCAA is a laughingstock if....

    Quote Originally Posted by BullochHLN View Post
    Just throwing this out there. When J.D. King doesn't have to sit out this year because of an upcoming NCAA loophole I don't think fans on this message board will be saying how mad they are at the NCAA. Not reporting it yet, but sources tell me there's a good chance King is starting against LSU August 31st, and I say starting because no chance that guy with that talent is sitting the bench if he is eligible.
    Quote Originally Posted by BullochHLN View Post
    Well let's just say I have it on good authority that in the Spring the NCAA is adding to their transfer policy, and whatever that will be, should allow King to be eligible.
    So if he’ll be eligible under the new rule then of course there won’t be any room for complaining about the enforcement of the rule. But what people are fed up with is the arbitrary, inconsistent and apparently subjective application of rules that are in effect. So if we’re happy that JD King is toting the rock for us next year that doesn’t necessarily make us hypocrites.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Similar Threads

  1. Did the NCAA actually get it right?
    By SPT-bone09 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10th December 2011, 08:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •