TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

1. Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

When I was hiring, I didn't care if a degree was fully online as long as it was from a "real" school (no fly-by-night diploma mills).

And that was just to get me to read the rest of the resume. There IS a clear hierarchy though. If your degree is from a well known school (GT, UGA, GS, GAST, VSU, etc) then you get more leeway. If your degree is from a 2nd or 3rd tier school like Fort Valley or Middle Georgia then you better have some nice work experience to overcome that.

Really, after you get your first job, nobody cares.

Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

I don't know if this has changed, but I had a friend do the online MBA program that Southern offers, and no where on her diploma or transcript does it state that it was an exclusive online program. So, unless you tell your current or future employer, they wouldn't know.

I will also add that in my current industry, as long as the institute is accredited, a diploma is a diploma, and only the major is referenced. And in most cases only as far as is it a business degree. A finance, marketing, logistics all count the same.

Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

The only thing that matters is that it is an accredited brick and mortal institution. Meaning a not for profit school. Just about every major institution offers degrees fully online these days (Penn St, Mich St, Arz St, SNHU...) to name a few. I knew when I wanted to go back to school to get my degree I did not want to sit in a classroom so I opted for an online program. Not once since I got my diploma have I been asked did I receive it online or on campus. I did however make sure that the school was accredited and was a traditional established university.

So as long as it is from a known school they do not make much of a fuss.