TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: basketball v. Texas State

Default Re: basketball v. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he's not the first team all conference player like he was a couple years ago. just look at his stats.
    I'm not seeing him not being as good a player as he was a sophomore. He's not going to have as many points because Quan is cancelling both him and Tookie out and because he's just not going to be overlooked like he was a sophomore when he was still an unknown and Tookie was back from winning freshman of the year.

BTW, offense isn't the problem. We have a higher scoring offense than we did for 2016-2017 with a significantly better strength of schedule.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Again I ask, Tookie last game was 0-0 from foul line!, last season he went to line more than anyone in SB. WHY? IMO Tookie needs to double the shots he's taking along with we got to have Glenn in lineup.

Normally I would buy the injuries argument, but this is the same thing we saw last year with this team. Even when we had Ike last year he was putting up bad shot after bad shot. What was Mike Hughes and Jake Allsmillerís combined three point percentage last year? It couldnít have been good.

Byingtonís best year was 2014-2015 when we were playing with bigs like Mathias, Wiedeman and Ferguson. We didnít depend on the outside shot like we do now. Itís obvious Byington prefers a guard heavy lineup because thatís what heís recruited. If thatís going to be the case, your team canít be struggling this bad from three for the second straight year.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    What was Mike Hughes and Jake Allsmillerís combined three point percentage last year? It couldnít have been good.
    Allsmiller was around 36% and Mike around 32%. Allsmiller was top 10 in the conference in % among eligible players.

best year was 2014-2015 when we were playing with bigs like Mathias, Wiedeman and Ferguson. We didnít depend on the outside shot like we do now.
    We are shooting 8 less 3's a game this year vs 2014-2015 season.

Itís obvious Byington prefers a guard heavy lineup because thatís what heís recruited. If thatís going to be the case, your team canít be struggling this bad from three for the second straight year.
    We are definitely struggling this year but we were 5th in the conference in 3 point % last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Did Byington club Ike and Glenn in the knees on the way to class or something? Iíve been as big a Byington critic as anybody but thereís nothing he did to cause 2 senior starters to be injured.

Iím frustrated too but Iím frustrated that it looks like we will never see this team really get to be what it could be because of injuries. Hoopster is 100% correct that Ike hasnít been the same the past 2 years. Now Glenn is hurt too.
    We were losing regularly to mediocre teams before those two were injured.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    We were losing regularly to mediocre teams before those two were injured.
    Ok, you got me. What mediocre teams have we lost to this year. I think we have beaten all the mediocre teams. If you are referring to Central Florida or Radford or Dayton or Texas State then you clearly haven’t a clue. You may have a point with ETSU but they are not mediocre. Hopefully you don’t think Arizona is Mediocre. Please!

All of those teams are mediocre. Not a single one will get an at large, including the worst version of Arizona in a long time.

Radford, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    All of those teams are mediocre. Not a single one will get an at large, including the worst version of Arizona in a long time.

Radford, really?
    Wow, the NCAA has you fooled. If you base whether a team is good or not based on At Large bids then you really don’t understand how this works. Besides, Dayton plays in a conference that typically send 2-3 to the dance. How about GagState, they won’t get an at large but I bet Alabama does. Now tell me how that works when State beat Alabama. Well, it’s called the power 5 money machine that controls everything NCAA and will not allow At Large from some very worthy non power 5 teams. That’s the bottom line, got nothing to do with good. BTW, go check Radfords schedule and results.

Understand how all that works. But, none of those teams you mentioned are really good teams. They all have multiple bad losses.

Alabama beat KY yesterday. Is that a bad loss or a good loss, consider Ala lost to GagState earlier. I agree, look at the full body of work. Radford beat ND, Texas and lost close games to Maryland and Clemson. That is pretty good. They have a couple of close games and losses to conference teams but once in conference it’s always a crapshoot on the road. Don’t care who you are except maybe Duke and we’ll see how they do all year. Bottom line is our team actually played a decent schedule against teams that hover in the 50- 150 rated teams. We held our on against all but one. Could have won every game but one and could have lost several games we won. I like this team down the stretch. The SunBelt wasn’t bad in non conference games so I think the league is as good as it has been in a while.

I took exception to the tone of your post. Maybe you weren’t being as negative about our team as it seemed but my impression was that you aren’t impressed with our schedule. Maybe you should just follow SEC, ACC and Big 10 basketball because that’s where the very top teams are. I enjoy following the guys in the mid major category because that’s where GS and the SunBelt are ranked.