TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ga Tech players

Default Re: Ga Tech players

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    You couldn't photoshop a Tracy Ham jersey on there?
    If I could photoshop at all, you'd see me lying back on those pillows with a satisfied look on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    He repeated a lot of the stuff that the flexbone fundamentalists say (current offense isn't unique, can't compete against P5s, doesn't negate talent, etc.) but then went on to say he thought we couldn't reliably always have a qualified flex coach available. So no, that doesn't mean there's no flexbone homerism there.

The idea our offense has no uniqueness is dubious (again, how many teams could run the ball 85% of the time with their playbook and have a decent offense)? The notion we can't compete with Power 5 teams also seriously stretches credibility after 2014 and 2015 and using Clemson in CCL's third game as a head coach with this staff with them having a once-in-a-generation defensive line proves nothing, either.
    I'm not arguing with any of your respective points (or even defending the flexbone), just observing that the overall tone of the message you quoted and responded to was that we don't need it and in fact are better off without it.

I got the impression from your response that you got to the first line where he hinted at something you expected him to say and then you quit reading and threw it into the "flexboner" bin.

That issue will go away a lot sooner if you'll stop poking it with a stick every time you walk by it. At least save your energy for when the real 'boners actually come out and actually start ranting.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Is it possible to be a flexboner without being an idiot?

I’ve never really known for sure.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Is it possible to be a flexboner without being an idiot?

I’ve never really known for sure.
    and if I'm not mistaken one of the grandest flexboner got his team to a #19 ranking(smile).

5. Default Re: Ga Tech players

I'm not sure how to post a link to the tweet, but GT commit OL Larry Dowdy just decommitted over the weekend. He played HS ball at a school that apparently runs some sort of option-based offense. Here's what he said: "After no contact from the new coaching staff at Georgia tech , I would like to first thank them for their opportunity and wish them good luck on the upcoming years! With that said I’m announcing my decommitment from Georgia tech."

I don't know enough about him to know if he's a player of interest to GS, but it should stir a little thought and conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim121256 View Post
    I'm not sure how to post a link to the tweet, but GT commit OL Larry Dowdy just decommitted over the weekend. He played HS ball at a school that apparently runs some sort of option-based offense. Here's what he said: "After no contact from the new coaching staff at Georgia tech , I would like to first thank them for their opportunity and wish them good luck on the upcoming years! With that said I’m announcing my decommitment from Georgia tech."

I don't know enough about him to know if he's a player of interest to GS, but it should stir a little thought and conversation.
    Yep. Apparently, Tech honored all commitment offers except for to the two OL who didn't sign.

If 247 can be believed, Dowdy had an offer from us at one point.

While that site's information is probably out of date, his profile lists FBS offers from us, App, Coastal Carolina, Charlotte, and--breaking, I believe--UVA.

If Tech had never offered, we were most likely fighting the afore-mentioned schools (minus UVA?) for his commitment.

Joshua Black, the other OT left high and dry by Tech's new staff, doesn't seem to have an offer from us. Of course, there's basically no chance that 247's info is up-to-date.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

He played HS in NC, 3 star recruit. Pretty sure App St is after him now. Hasn't committed yet. He has been recruited by us according to 247. Who knows, we are in the OL cesspool of opportunity. He'd be a good get.