TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Troy to Hire Chip Lindsey

1. Default Re: Troy to Hire Chip Lindsey

I remember Chip Lindsey's work up here in Cobb County when he was at Lassiter HS, and he did a great job with a team that had been pretty mediocre before he got there. Hutson Mason was one of his QB's there. They ran a wide open offense. Will be very interesting to see how all the new coaches do in the SunBelt this fall.

Default Re: Troy to Hire Chip Lindsey

Eskimoe Joe thought Tyson Summers was a solid hire. Don't listen to a ****ing thing he says.

Sidenote: I don't care if Troy is good or not. I hope everyone else in the league inhales vigorously and we go 12-0.

3. Default Re: Troy to Hire Chip Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Regardless of how good the other teams in your conference are, it doesn't matter if you win your games.

I think we've had this conversation before.

And it should resonate from people after watching this year. We only beat 1 team that I would call good, and that was App. But we've still gotten a lot of respect from winning 10 games. What does that show is important?

WIN. YOUR. GAMES.

Everything else balances out.
    Ark state was very good.

EMU was good too.

Iím still trying to figure out how Vildor and Brinson were so good at breaking up passes to Arkís receivers. Those guys were pretty tall.

So all that stuff about the AAC having a big advantage over the SBC in Access Bowl consideration and us needing all the help we can get as far as strength of schedule...that's no longer a consideration?
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Eskimoe Joe thought Tyson Summers was a solid hire. Don't listen to a ****ing thing he says.

Sidenote: I don't care if Troy is good or not. I hope everyone else in the league inhales vigorously and we go 12-0.
    WTF? I said from jump street that was a terrible hire.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Who cares about Chip Lindsey? The real news is that Tim Horton was demoted from runnings back coach at Auburn. Who is going to be the fan proclaimed front runner for our job if Lunsford jumps ship? This is going to make it even more likely people who havenít been up north and havenít heard of Horton get confused when they search his name and all they see is coffee and breakfast food.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Horton go to Troy with Lindsey if he's off the field now, unless he's ready for things to slow down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Who cares about Chip Lindsey? The real news is that Tim Horton was demoted from runnings back coach at Auburn. Who is going to be the fan proclaimed front runner for our job if Lunsford jumps ship? This is going to make it even more likely people who haven’t been up north and haven’t heard of Horton get confused when they search his name and all they see is coffee and breakfast food.
    Hugh Nall

Brent Pry is Second only to Giff
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

10. Default Re: Troy to Hire Chip Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    Brent Pry is Second only to Giff
    You take cheap shots, but I'm guessing if they were here you would be first in line with the glad handing.