TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 145

Thread: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,246

    Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Your mistake is that you are using logic and personal knowledge that says that NDSU is a good team. You know what 98% of the rest of CFB fans and the world will see.... LOSS TO AN FCS TEAM. As I said earlier, the point of an FCS game is a cheap, easy home win. Nothing more and nothing less. There is absolutely no reason for us to play NDSU. Our FCS game every year should be the Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind. At the end of the day, we need WINS. Nothing else matters.

    I HOPE for 9+ wins, too. But it's not a birth right and we can't assume that it's going to happen every year. Look at next year's schedule. Do you see 9+ wins there? I sure don't.
    I understand what you are saying KJ & respect that opinion. Yet I feel NDSU is an exception to the basic FCS, G5 rule & even ESPN even sees them as special with a Game Day at an FCS NDSU. NDSU is a G5 school looking for a G5 conference. "IF" they continue to win and have a power ranking above most of the G5 schools, then playing them souldn't hurt us WIN, win or maybe lose. Looking at the teams in the G5 they could fit in any of the conferences if excepted. Quite a few a few SEC, ACC teams & others have taken a chance against GSU and we came close. Playing a GREAT NDSU team will not hurt us. GSU plays the best to be the best! Maybe the Pistol Option does not work out, but then again maybe it does and we keep our HC. If we can't beat NDSU so be it!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,246

    Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

    I guess KJ, Pike & I will just have to disagree about playing NDSU in the next 2-3 years. I know you 2 know that NDSU is more than worthy in playing GSI in a regular season game.
    I dont care if you call NDSU FCS or G5. There power ranking makes it a great game unless NDSU is 6-5, or 7-4 if they won. You play the best to be the best weather it is an FCS, G5 or P5.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,879

    Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    I guess KJ, Pike & I will just have to disagree about playing NDSU in the next 2-3 years. I know you 2 know that NDSU is more than worthy in playing GSI in a regular season game.
    I dont care if you call NDSU FCS or G5. There power ranking makes it a great game unless NDSU is 6-5, or 7-4 if they won. You play the best to be the best weather it is an FCS, G5 or P5.
    If they were already G5, I would agree with you. BUT, our whole philosophy of scheduling is to have an FCS game every year for an easy home win. One P5 money game, one FCS win, and 10 G5's. You don't put an FCS team that has beaten double digit P5's (I think that number is correct, I didn't look it up again) into that slot for an easy home win. Because it's not. It's not that I am afraid of them. It's that it goes against the entire purpose of an FCS home game.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,246

    Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    If they were already G5, I would agree with you. BUT, our whole philosophy of scheduling is to have an FCS game every year for an easy home win. One P5 money game, one FCS win, and 10 G5's. You don't put an FCS team that has beaten double digit P5's (I think that number is correct, I didn't look it up again) into that slot for an easy home win. Because it's not. It's not that I am afraid of them. It's that it goes against the entire purpose of an FCS home game.
    "I think" those P5s were lower level P5s. You have the upper elite P5s and some that are punching bags for each conference. If you remember the last FCS game we played against NDSU, 2 back to back 15 yard penalties and a fumble determined that game. In 2 years, with the same coaches and 85 scholarships you don't think GSU would be up for the task?
    Why not play an FCS team that has a power ranking that would help us instead of a low level FCS or MEAC team that does nothing for us if we win?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,879

    Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    "I think" those P5s were lower level P5s. You have the upper elite P5s and some that are punching bags for each conference. If you remember the last FCS game we played against NDSU, 2 back to back 15 yard penalties and a fumble determined that game. In 2 years, with the same coaches and 85 scholarships you don't think GSU would be up for the task?
    Why not play an FCS team that has a power ranking that would help us instead of a low level FCS or MEAC team that does nothing for us if we win?
    How much more plainly do I need to state it??? Reasons for playing an FCS game: CHEAP...EASY...HOME...WIN
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,076

    Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

    There's a saying about wishing in one hand and ****ting in the other one.

    It applies here.


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The 19th Hole
    Posts
    12,845

    Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

    NDSU is 9 and 3 all time against FBS competition. They are currently riding a 6 game winning streak.

    Wins include: Ball St 2006, Central Michigan and Minnesota 2007, Kansas 2010, Minnesota 2011, Colorado St 2012, Kansas St 2013, Iowa State 2014, and #13 Iowa 2016.

    Losses: Minnesota 2006 (9-10), Wyoming 2008 (13-16), and Iowa State 2009 (17-34). They lost 2 of the 3 by a combined 4 points!!

    None of those games took place in Fargo. NONE!

    It makes absolutely ZERO sense. There is no way, no how, no anything at all to justify playing them... let alone playing them in Fargo.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,246

    Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    How much more plainly do I need to state it??? Reasons for playing an FCS game: CHEAP...EASY...HOME...WIN
    How plain can I make it to you, KJ? Easy wins to low ranked FCS schools mean nothing.

    Playing a #75 FCS team gives us a win but does NOTHING for us in the power rankings! A win over NDSU would actually move us up while a win over chump FCS teams will not. NDSU is ranked over GSU in most power polls, if not all, power polls above GSU. I'm talking 3 years out from this year. If cheap wins are all you want & GSU can't beat NDSU in three years maybe GSU should play all the low-level teams outside of the Sun Belt so we can add to our wins. You know more wins than losses would surly impress the bowl comities………………………. (NOT!)

    As Bobby B. once said – “We’ll play any team at any time!” A weak schedule makes GSU look like chumps.

    Are you a Georgia State fan or a Georgia Southern fan?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,879

    Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    How plain can I make it to you, KJ? Easy wins to low ranked FCS schools mean nothing.

    Playing a #75 FCS team gives us a win but does NOTHING for us in the power rankings! A win over NDSU would actually move us up while a win over chump FCS teams will not. NDSU is ranked over GSU in most power polls, if not all, power polls above GSU. I'm talking 3 years out from this year. If cheap wins are all you want & GSU can't beat NDSU in three years maybe GSU should play all the low-level teams outside of the Sun Belt so we can add to our wins. You know more wins than losses would surly impress the bowl comities………………………. (NOT!)

    As Bobby B. once said – “We’ll play any team at any time!” A weak schedule makes GSU look like chumps.

    Are you a Georgia State fan or a Georgia Southern fan?
    Don't put words into my mouth and don't insult me by calling me a Gagst fan.

    1) I never said all I want was cheap wins. I said the purpose of AN FCS GAME was an easy cheap home win. It is a scheduling strategy that every team in America uses every year.
    2) AN FCS GAME has nothing to do with power rankings and the only reason for that type of game is a win.
    3) I also never said that we can't beat NDSU. I said there is a chance that we could lose to them and that chance does not exist with bad FCS teams. Since the only reason to play an FCS team is to get another win, why take the chance?
    4) Who did Boise St play during the regular season before they got to their NY6 bowls? Got any idea? I don't...because they were all nobodies. Bowl Committees don't care who we play. If we have 8+ wins, we are bowling no matter what. If we have 6 or 7, then we have a chance of being left out. They care about WINS and Ticket Sales. Nothing more and nothing less.
    5) Bowden was a great coach. But he was also a great marketer. But don' think for a second that he was talking about teams from a lower division when he said it.
    6) I'm not talking about a "weak schedule". I'm talking about AN FCS GAME and the strategy for how and why you schedule that one game.
    7) As I said before (which you obviously ignored), if they were already a G5 team, I would love to play them again. Because there is a different strategy for scheduling G5 and FCS games.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,246

    Default Re: NDSUvsGSU after we rebuild

    KJEagle - Don't put words into my mouth and don't insult me by calling me a Gagst fan.
    TALON - I'm not putting words in your mouth. It's quite clear that you don't want to play the best to be the best & you are afraid of NDSU.


    1) I never said all I want was cheap wins. I said the purpose of ]AN FCS GAME was an easy cheap home win. It is a scheduling strategy that every team in America uses every year.

    TALON - You said it "a cheep win" both in cost & in quality.

    2) ]AN FCS GAME]has nothing to do with power rankings and the only]reason for that type of game is a win.

    TALON - A game against NDSU insures a better power ranking because they are a quality team that is ranked higher than most if not all G% teams. As far as price for the game I think we should pay them a LITTLE more for travel. I know you would rather play the lowest level FCS team out there for a win, but all wins are not the same.

    3) I also never said that we can't beat NDSU. I said there is a chance that we could lose to them and that chance does not exist with bad FCS teams. Since the only reason to play an FCS team is to get another win, why take the chance?

    TALON - As I said "ALL WINS ARE NOT =" Why take a chance you say? Because we are the real GSU not a chump G5 school or Georgia State.

    4) Who did Boise St play during the regular season before they got to their NY6 bowls? Got any idea? I don't...because they were all nobodies. Bowl Committees don't care who we play. If we have 8+ wins, we are bowling no matter what. If we have 6 or 7, then we have a chance of being left out. They care about WINS and Ticket Sales. Nothing more and nothing less.

    TALON - ya right. We are not yet UCF. Power rankings and strenth of schedule still matter in the G5.

    5) Bowden was a great coach. But he was also a great marketer. But don' think for a second that he was talking about teams from a lower division when he said it.

    TALON - Ya GSC use to market well and we still can. Bowden played GSC twice & I think if you look back to his early days that he played what is now G% teams that were not at the top of the D1 power rankings.

    6) I'm not talking about a "weak schedule". I'm talking about AN FCS GAME and the strategy for how and why you schedule]that one game.
    TALON- I'm sorry your statagy is flawed.

    7) As I said before (which you obviously ignored), if they were already a G5 team, I would love to play them again. Because there is a different strategy for scheduling G5 and FCS games.[/QUOTE]

    TALON- I didn't ignore your statement, I just found it weak and obtuse.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Similar Threads

  1. Omigawd we have no talent it'll take years to rebuild!
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 25th November 2017, 09:42 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10th November 2009, 12:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •