TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB vs Ga St

1. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Eh, the Hooligans have been around since the mid 80's fwiw ... maybe restarted in the 2002 era ... would have had to since I think Polinsky-ball killed a lot

There is a foundation there that can be tapped into ... at least 10-15 of the students in our last game were going bonkers when the A-State head coach was launching f-bombs at them.

I expect a few will be there to chirp at Hunter.
    Man I had forgotten about that stretch (probably on purpose). He was 34-76 over his four years here. That was some bad basketball.

2. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Yet they'd have no problem going viral where millions of people could see it.

This stems back to a problem of kids these days not being able to engage with people the way former generations did.
    Valid point, but in their defense, that is likely only a “problem” to the members of said former generations. I suspect they do not identify it as a problem amoung themselves and their peers and I think they are okay with that. No generation wants to be just like the former ones.

3. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I agree that it is easier to win with money, tradition, etc. but it can be done. Most of us understand that, but a few posters love to use those things as excuses.

The SoCon was 4 strong/good teams and the other are weak, but that doesn't take away from Wofford season. They beat Furman, ETSU and Greensboro each twice this year.
    Wofford has been to the NCAA tournament 4 out of the last nine years, if the make it this year that would be 5 out of the last 10 They are no one hit wonder. You give Coach Young a special/star player and he will build a team around them.
    I am very anxious to see what seed they would/will get in the tournament this year. Or, if they lose in the SoCon tournament, will the SoCon get two invites this year? Building on that, is it possible for the SBC to get two? Fun. Looking forward to it.

Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I am very anxious to see what seed they would/will get in the tournament this year. Or, if they lose in the SoCon tournament, will the SoCon get two invites this year? Building on that, is it possible for the SBC to get two? Fun. Looking forward to it.
    i read they might be getting a 8th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    ironic, West GA beat GW in NAIA Tourney that year. West GA had a guard named Foots Walker who went on and had a solid NBA career.
    ... and along with Foots Walker West Georgia had a guy named Tom Turner who was really good. They called him "Terrific" Tom Turner.

Didn't know Artimus Gilmore ever played at Gardner Webb. I know he finished at Jacksonville University - The JU Dolphins - and they lost in the finals to UCLA (I think).
    Bleu (formerly Bcube) in the non cyber world is Bill Bates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    ... and along with Foots Walker West Georgia had a guy named Tom Turner who was really good. They called him "Terrific" Tom Turner.

Didn't know Artimus Gilmore ever played at Gardner Webb. I know he finished at Jacksonville University - The JU Dolphins - and they lost in the finals to UCLA (I think).
    First: Artis Gilmore.

Second: Jacksonville featured two seven footers. Besides Gilmore they had Pembrooke Burrows (who became Florida's first 7 foot trooper for a while). They also had Rex Morgan at guard. Morgan played two years in the NBA and then had a long career as a high school basketball coach.

I remember my amazement that Jacksonville as able to recruit these (mostly transfers) to play at a small school. Their coach, Joe Williams, had a long stay as Furman's coach, and then was the coach at FSU.

Memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post

played last 2 years of GW junior college days. After him they went 4 year. Hired Eddie Holbrook(GW's court is named after him).

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Every projection I've seen has Wofford in as a lock and yes if they lose, the SoCon will get 2 autobids. The reason is the major conferences as a whole are down this season. The Pac 12 will be a 1 bid league this year. Some major conferences are sending at large teams in with losing conference records to the Big Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglechamp View Post
    Man I had forgotten about that stretch (probably on purpose). He was 34-76 over his four years here. That was some bad basketball.
    Didn't he take over after the NCAA probation? Pretty much you are not expected to do anything or recruit anyone. We got hit very hard with the NCAA hammer.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    But we know that they can't sit in the Ron Hunter Memorial Rows.
    See?... this is what I’m talking about.

A good set of Hooligans should absolutely get into Hanner early Saturday and hang “Ron Hunter Memorial Buffer Zone” banners over those rows.

The best heckling isn’t inciting F-bombs from other coaches. The best stuff comes from clever and well-timed material that turns the other team into a joke rather than an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    See?... this is what I’m talking about.

A good set of Hooligans should absolutely get into Hanner early Saturday and hang “Ron Hunter Memorial Buffer Zone” banners over those rows.

The best heckling isn’t inciting F-bombs from other coaches. The best stuff comes from clever and well-timed material that turns the other team into a joke rather than an enemy.
    THIS!