TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB vs Ga St

1. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

When will we find out if this game is getting picked up on TV? I was shocked they televised the Troy game but haven’t said anything about this one.

2. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    This game might be the biggest game played in Hanner Field House in a long time, if not ever. Lots at stake here and senior day for a great class and for the program's all-time leading scorer.

I haven't tried to figure out the Byzantine tie-breakers but it will help if App beats La-La today because La-La is a team that could cost us the tiebreaker against Texas State if it comes down to winning percent against common opponents.
    Here...I'll be Byzantine and try to help out since App won:

If GS/Texas State tie: This is the tiebreak order listed below:

1. Head to head Split
    2. Record against GSU (In thise scenario, split)
    3. Record against UTA (In this Scenario, Split)

At that point it drops to record against 5th place. Where it gets messy

Scenario 1: UL/ULM/Coastal tied for 5th (Current standings) Tiebreaker is combined record against 3 teams. TXST went 3-1 GS 3-2. TXST wins tiebreaker

Scenario 2: Coastal wins 5th outright. UL finishes a game ahead of ULM. You each went undefeated with Coastal, so it becomes record against UL, TXST wins tiebreaker by going 1-0 against UL

Scenario 3: Coastal wins 5th outright ULM finishes a game ahead of UL. You each went undefeated against Coastal. Becomes record against ULM. You split with ULM Texas State went 0-1 GS Wins tiebreaker

Scenario 4: Coastal wins 5th outright. ULM and UL tie for 6th. You each went undefeated against Coastal. Becomes record against UL/ULM combined Texas State went 1-1 and GS went 2-2. So it remains tied, throwing it to record against 8th place. That's going to be South Alabama. GS went 2-0 against South, Texas State 0-1. GS Wins tiebreaker

Scenario 5: Coastal ties with UL for 5th. Goes to combined record. TXST wins tiebreaker with 3-0 record.

Scenario 6: Coastal ties with ULM for 5th. Goes to combined record. TXST goes 2-1. GS goes 2-1. Goes to record against 7th place, which is either UL or USA. If its UL TXST wins tiebreaker If its USA GS Wins tiebreaker

Essentially here's your rooting guide this week:

UTA to beat Texas State (Obviously) If that doesn't happen than:

AState or LR to beat ULL and ULM to sweep AState/LR

OR

AState/LR to sweep both UL and ULM, and for South to sweep Coastal/App. Moving South ahead of the Louisiana schools and giving you the tiebreaker

Understand? Good. Explain it to me.

3. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    When will we find out if this game is getting picked up on TV? I was shocked they televised the Troy game but haven’t said anything about this one.
    ESPN declined to pick up the game on its Television networks. They had a 14 day window.

Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    This made me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    This game might be the biggest game played in Hanner Field House in a long time, if not ever. Lots at stake here and senior day for a great class and for the program's all-time leading scorer.

I haven't tried to figure out the Byzantine tie-breakers but it will help if App beats La-La today because La-La is a team that could cost us the tiebreaker against Texas State if it comes down to winning percent against common opponents.

This is probably the biggest regular season game in Hanner and the second biggest ever. The biggest was probably when we hosted the TAAC tournament in 1992 and beat GagState to make it to the big dance.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Here...I'll be Byzantine and try to help out since App won:

If GS/Texas State tie: This is the tiebreak order listed below:

1. Head to head Split
    2. Record against GSU (In thise scenario, split)
    3. Record against UTA (In this Scenario, Split)

At that point it drops to record against 5th place. Where it gets messy

Scenario 1: UL/ULM/Coastal tied for 5th (Current standings) Tiebreaker is combined record against 3 teams. TXST went 3-1 GS 3-2. TXST wins tiebreaker

Scenario 2: Coastal wins 5th outright. UL finishes a game ahead of ULM. You each went undefeated with Coastal, so it becomes record against UL, TXST wins tiebreaker by going 1-0 against UL

Scenario 3: Coastal wins 5th outright ULM finishes a game ahead of UL. You each went undefeated against Coastal. Becomes record against ULM. You split with ULM Texas State went 0-1 GS Wins tiebreaker

Scenario 4: Coastal wins 5th outright. ULM and UL tie for 6th. You each went undefeated against Coastal. Becomes record against UL/ULM combined Texas State went 1-1 and GS went 2-2. So it remains tied, throwing it to record against 8th place. That's going to be South Alabama. GS went 2-0 against South, Texas State 0-1. GS Wins tiebreaker

Scenario 5: Coastal ties with UL for 5th. Goes to combined record. TXST wins tiebreaker with 3-0 record.

Scenario 6: Coastal ties with ULM for 5th. Goes to combined record. TXST goes 2-1. GS goes 2-1. Goes to record against 7th place, which is either UL or USA. If its UL TXST wins tiebreaker If its USA GS Wins tiebreaker

Essentially here's your rooting guide this week:

UTA to beat Texas State (Obviously) If that doesn't happen than:

AState or LR to beat ULL and ULM to sweep AState/LR

OR

AState/LR to sweep both UL and ULM, and for South to sweep Coastal/App. Moving South ahead of the Louisiana schools and giving you the tiebreaker

At what point do we go to rock paper scissors for the tie break?

7. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    At what point do we go to rock paper scissors for the tie break?
    If two teams remain tied after all applicable tiebreakers were applied, it does come down to a drawing of lots or coin flip at the discretion of the commisioner. In theory he could make you play rock paper scissors if he wanted.

What's silly is the league office fails to ever clarify tiebreakes clearly. Take for example Tiebreaker 1-E for the three of more team tiebreak:

If in the event of a three team or more tie, the first priority is to find the top team. Once that team is removed, the remaining tied teams are broken by reverting back to 1-A of the correct applicable tiebreaker.

For years, this has confused even the great scholars of our day, because when you read tiebreaks 1-A through 1-D it doesn't specify any of this, so many think that the 3 team Texas State/GS/UTA Tiebreak goes in order 2. UTA 3. GS 4. TXST because UTA goes 3-1 against GS/TXST GS goes 2-2 and TXST 1-3. The problem is that the correct rule is that once UTA gets the 2 seed, they are removed from the tiebreak, and it goes back to the 2 team GS/TXST tiebreaker, which in the case of both teams losing, goes to Texas State by virtue of their win over Georgia State. Thus the correct order would be 2. UTA 3. TXST 4. GS

GAG state kittens

I’m getting ready for the 3 legged sack race on consecutive sundays
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

QUESTION - For you GSC fans that can remember back to 1992. I didn't watch much basketball until the conference championship & if GSC was in it.

In 1092 GSC won the TAAC that year and then went on to play Oklahoma. We did well against Oklahoma until the last 20 min. of the game.

Was the TAAC championship, I don't think it was the championship, or last regular season game played in Statesboro & wasn't it played to a full house where the fans threw rolls of TP onto HANNER's floor?

I tryed to look up the 92 TAAC champinship on youtube but I couldn't find it there.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed