TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

1. Default Re: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

Good to hear. I know it is a conference decision but we need to go back to women s/men s doubleheader’s. If our women s team is any good you will get some fans come to watch both games

Default Re: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    Good to hear. I know it is a conference decision but we need to go back to women s/men s doubleheader’s. If our women s team is any good you will get some fans come to watch both games
    + 1 bazillion This years format hurt any chance for the ladies game to have even half decent attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    Agreed. I moved to NC this year, so had to cut down on #of games attended, and sorry, but the men won that battle. Hated to miss the ladies, but there were other factors at play too that simply made the men's games for my schedule better. I could've caught at least 4 (possibly more) of the ladies' games if we had the old schedule

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    My wife works at Columbus State and is a graduate of CSU, she follows the athletics program there closely and we attend many of the mens and womens basketball games. Coach Howard is a good coach and will produce a technically sound team and his a solid person. Her best teams at CSU usually had a superior athlete and many role players that she rotated. Her teams also tend to play well at tournament time (such as this year when her best player was slowed by injury most of the year but was better for the Conference Tournament and played much better than the regular season) and she has had her teams in a couple of DIVII National Tournaments. This is a solid hire as far as basketball skills and coaching.
    so was our last one, big big difference between division one and the lower divisions. division one the kids are better, quicker. it will come down to her ability to recruit. ill be pulling for her and be at all the games.