TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I hope that is true.
    We won't know until the end of the season, but I will not say GSU is a 6-6 team until it is proven!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Who has predicted a 6-6 season?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Several posters, but you will have to look under other threads. When I have time I'll try to look then up for you!

OR

Those that posted a 6-6 season or maybe have an outside shot at a 7-5 season can post their opinion here again an their reasons why!!!!!

4. Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

6-6 isn't far fetched.

We essentially start the season 0-2 because LSU and Minnesota are automatic losses. So we're playing a 10 game schedule.

I can easily see App loss on Road, ARk State loss on road and Troy loss on road. That's 5 losses right there...easy. Then we lay our annual egg (like last year against ULM)...boom 6 losses.

You would hope that we're at least decent enough now (post-Summers) to win the rest.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 16th May 2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    6-6 isn't far fetched.

We essentially start the season 0-2 because LSU and Minnesota are automatic losses. So we're playing a 10 game schedule.

I can easily see App loss on Road, ARk State loss on road and Troy loss on road. That's 5 losses right there...easy. Then we lay our annual egg (like last year against ULM)...boom 6 losses.
    Don't we have a game between LSU & the gophers? If you look back at the Gopers performance since 1986 & the last 2 years, which I have posted, why would GSU have an auto loss against the Gophers?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    6-6 isn't far fetched.

You would hope that we're at least decent enough now (post-Summers) to win the rest.
    TALON- Don't we have a game between LSU & the gophers? If you look back at the Gopers performance since 1986 & the last 2 years, which I have posted, why would GSU have an auto loss against the Gophers?

Hey Half & Half here's one.

I predict 2 spankings and 4 close games (Minnesota will be in the latter category BTW, and one of the two spankings will be unexpected). We will basically need to lose all of them to finish 6-6.

I could see it happening if Shai Werts is injured for an extended period of time. Otherwise, we basically need to just make one less play than the other teams in each of the 4 close games. Could happen, but not likely.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 16th May 2019 at 09:01 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I predict 2 spankings and 4 close games (Minnesota will be in the latter category BTW, and one of the two spankings will be unexpected). We will basically need to lose all of them to finish 6-6.

I could see it happening if Shai Werts is injured for an extended period of time. Otherwise, we basically need to just make one less play than the other teams in each of the 4 close games. Could happen, but not likely.
    I see 2-3 losses and the Gophers may be close but that doesn't mean I think they will win!

9. Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

I think a LOT depends on werts.

An awful lot depended on him last season. Probably won at least 3 games off him busting loose at just the right time. (Everyone remembers that huge play in the bowl game, but he did equally spectacular stuff several more times.)

I hope and pray that he stays healthy. If he does, I can see us going maybe 9-3 or 8-4.... If not, oh boy.

That being said, I do have much more faith in our backups. I think they will be pretty solid.... But as we know, any QB needs a bit of experience to run our offense well.

I would like to think that we will see more tricky stuff and more misdirection..... We have had time to work on those things. Sure would be nice to see the OL doing stuff exactly right and watch this things shred some opponents. I absolutely love our kind of football when it works right.

Take care of yourself, Shai!

Think fast move faster!