TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Chris - "Lunsford has done a great job, but the Summers’ taint is real. I went to Oxford,"

TALON - I understand your weariness. I don't know If Lansford and Staff will become a GREAT GSU staff as some of our past coaches.

As I said before, many GSU fans thought our players were just over achievers last year. If you look at Erk's first 4 years and the Monken era you could say the same thing.

In no way am I comparing Erk & Monken. Lunsford will have to earn that distention. What I will say that if Lunsford took a bunch of over achievers from a 2- 10 season and then went to a 10-3 season with a bowl win. I don't think anyone should doubt our teams potential pre season.
    Well, I hear that a digestif will take care of that...

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    Well, I hear that a digestif will take care of that...
    Dont talk stiffy when you are talking about the Gophers. ;-)
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

per Athlon: - Previewing Minnesota's Offense for 2019, prediction 9-3

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...n-preview-2019

Final Analysis -

The Gophers' light nonconference schedule and easier crossover games against the Big Ten East (Maryland, Penn State and Rutgers) put a nine-win season — including the bowl game — on the table for the first time since 2016. Given Minnesota’s returning offensive production, a measure of improvement from Annexstad and/or Morgan could make this one of the top offenses in the Big Ten. If Rossi’s defense builds on a strong finish to 2018 and replaces a few key tacklers, Minnesota might have balance on both sides of the ball.

Big Ten's Burning Questions (Minn: Can Fleck row the boat in the right direction?)

Minnesota: Can P.J. Fleck row the boat in the right direction?

Slow progress: Since taking over for Tracy Claeys, Fleck has been unable to match the Gophers’ nine-win 2016 season — their best finish since 2003. However, he has been improving the Gopher offense without a consistent starting quarterback, a fact which could change in 2019.

Two-man competition: Tanner Morgan was assumed to be the Gophers’ starter last season, but lost out to true freshman Zack Annexstad for most of the season. Annexstad was up-and-down prior to an injury, but showed potential. Meanwhile, Morgan went 4-2 as a starter after taking over for Annexstad, so the competition remains open. Both players have another year of experience, which should help them continue to grow.

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/06/big-t...teams-in-2019/

5. Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

I hope he "rows the boat" right off the falls.

GATA!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I hope he "rows the boat" right off the falls.

GATA!!
    There's a chance Minnesota uses its 6-foot-9, 400-pound lineman as a running back
    per Dustin:

It would be the most unstoppable goal line package in all of college football. If Minnesota handed the ball to 6-foot-9, 400-pound offensive lineman Daniel Faalele, defenses would have a lot of trouble stopping it.

And, apparently, P.J. Fleck isn’t opposed to giving the ball to the big fella when the regular season rolls around.

On Sunday, while interacting with a fan, Fleck apparently “left the door open” for Faalele to line up in the backfield a few times in the 2019 season. That report came from Andy Greder of the Pioneer Press, who tweeted out the Gophers could use the massive offensive lineman for multiple purposes.

There's a chance Minnesota uses its 6-foot-9, 400-pound lineman as a running back
    per Dustin:

It would be the most unstoppable goal line package in all of college football. If Minnesota handed the ball to 6-foot-9, 400-pound offensive lineman Daniel Faalele, defenses would have a lot of trouble stopping it.

And, apparently, P.J. Fleck isn’t opposed to giving the ball to the big fella when the regular season rolls around.

On Sunday, while interacting with a fan, Fleck apparently “left the door open” for Faalele to line up in the backfield a few times in the 2019 season. That report came from Andy Greder of the Pioneer Press, who tweeted out the Gophers could use the massive offensive lineman for multiple purposes.
    Why would a coach even mention this? Why not surprise the hell out of the first team he does it to and make them potentially waste a time out to adjust to it?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Why would a coach even mention this? Why not surprise the hell out of the first team he does it to and make them potentially waste a time out to adjust to it?
    The 6'9, 400lb JUMBO was running it in practice and was observed and written about. The reincarnation of the Fridg?

The 6'9, 400lb JUMBO was running it in practice and was observed and written about. The reincarnation of the Fridg?
    He actually scored a touchdown in their spring game this year. It was scary to watch.
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

OK, makes sense now.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive