TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Default Re: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Should make no difference what our expenses are. UGA should pay us the same price they pay teams like App State instead of short changing us. That money stays in state as well for what thats worth.

If not, I'll take somebody else. Seems they way under cut our pay anyway versus what our actual expenses are to travel to most p5 games we've had.

When we win like Boise and UCF (as of late) we can rattle their cage for a rematch if we want. Till then, I don't care about them. Other than hoping they lose every time they take the field and that they get busted for a violation and get the death penalty! Or at least a TV and post season ban for a few years.

We've just got to take care of us and Our House. Win, pack the house, sell out our games and expand Paulson to a size that easily supports getting some P5s to travel here. Make it a semi normal thing, but with the likes of a Minnesota etc. Win this one and give them a shot at redemption in Statesboro. That's the only way Id agree
    To play Florida again.

If we get back to consistently having high win percentages and conference title/bowl wins we will be alright. UGA dropping off would be miracle grow.

I agree that it SHOULD not make a difference, but the reality is that it does. IMO, TK probably knew how much the majority of our fans wanted the games to happen and looked at the budget and the actual return that we generated from that game vs others P5s and was willing to take a little less. All we as fans see is the report that they pay G5#1 "X" amount and pay us less. But we don't actually see the books and what we actually net from the game.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Not sure what we made last time, but I know for a fact that the last AD took less from them because we did not have to charter a flight and just took a bus up. Heard it straight from his mouth/or read those almost exact words. I don't know if we've ever taken a discount for any other P5. Remember even during the transition year we got more money out of Florida when we drained the Swamp. We were FCS when the original contract was signed but we had 70 something scholarships that season.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Not sure what we made last time, but I know for a fact that the last AD took less from them because we did not have to charter a flight and just took a bus up. Heard it straight from his mouth/or read those almost exact words. I don't know if we've ever taken a discount for any other P5. Remember even during the transition year we got more money out of Florida when we drained the Swamp. We were FCS when the original contract was signed but we had 70 something scholarships that season.
    We only got like 550k from UF, I remember the memes about it. That's not a significant amount more.

I think our last trip to UGA in 2015 was around 800k.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We only got like 550k from UF, I remember the memes about it. That's not a significant amount more.

I think our last trip to UGA in 2015 was around 800k.
    But wasn't the original amount something like $250K? If so that would be double the amount.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

We shouldn’t play them for less than a million.

Million isn’t enough anymore. $1.3 should be the minimum.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    But wasn't the original amount something like $250K? If so that would be double the amount.
    1peat aint no accountant

I mean, I guess it IS double, but you get Dave's point.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.