TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 252

Thread: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

  1. #211

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

    If Cunningham is healthy/good enough to get any non-garbage-time snaps in SBC games, then his return obviates our need for another transfer RB.

    That’s good, IMO.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  2. #212

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

    Obe Fortune transferring. Not good.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  3. #213

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Obe Fortune transferring. Not good.
    You're right. Going to be very hard to replace 5 catches for 50 yards on the season.

    We might as well go ahead and forfeit the 2019 season.

  4. #214

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    You're right. Going to be very hard to replace 5 catches for 50 yards on the season.

    We might as well go ahead and forfeit the 2019 season.
    He graduated so maybe he is going to grad school for a specific program we do not offer? My daughter loves Southern but when she graduates in a year she will likely go elsewhere for grad school.

  5. #215

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

    Cunningham pulled his name from the portal.

    Change of heart?

  6. #216

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Cunningham pulled his name from the portal.

    Change of heart?
    Vic told the crowd at the Savannah Alumni luncheon yesterday that Cunningham changed his mind, asked to rejoin the team, and went through the process the coaches put in place.

    This came after a question about the portal, and Vic's response was about what you would expect. We're lucky to have someone who loves Georgia Southern coaching and molding young men. But he basically did confirm that when players go into the portal they are forfeiting their scholarship. I expect after this first year the process should normalize based on the number of players who enter the portal and don't receive the type of attention and offers they had hoped.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    28,809

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    You're right. Going to be very hard to replace 5 catches for 50 yards on the season.

    We might as well go ahead and forfeit the 2019 season.

    Can't judge our WR's by receiving stats since that is down on the list of things they are asked to do though. Obe is the first one that's a legit loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  8. #218

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    Vic told the crowd at the Savannah Alumni luncheon yesterday that Cunningham changed his mind, asked to rejoin the team, and went through the process the coaches put in place.

    This came after a question about the portal, and Vic's response was about what you would expect. We're lucky to have someone who loves Georgia Southern coaching and molding young men. But he basically did confirm that when players go into the portal they are forfeiting their scholarship. I expect after this first year the process should normalize based on the number of players who enter the portal and don't receive the type of attention and offers they had hoped.
    Glad to see Cunningham changed his mind. The decision to enter the portal was a head scratcher. A significant injury keeps your dream school away but a nice consolation is the most prolific run offense in FBS takes a chance on you. Work hard do right and keep the faith.

  9. #219

    Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Can't judge our WR's by receiving stats since that is down on the list of things they are asked to do though. Obe is the first one that's a legit loss.
    i think so too.

  10. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Can't judge our WR's by receiving stats since that is down on the list of things they are asked to do though. Obe is the first one that's a legit loss.
    +1

    This one hurts.

Similar Threads

  1. Andrew Power
    By EagleHawk in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2nd September 2009, 10:45 PM
  2. Andrew Power #99
    By straightshooter in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25th August 2009, 08:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •