TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

If Cunningham is healthy/good enough to get any non-garbage-time snaps in SBC games, then his return obviates our need for another transfer RB.

That’s good, IMO.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Obe Fortune transferring. Not good.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Obe Fortune transferring. Not good.
    You're right. Going to be very hard to replace 5 catches for 50 yards on the season.

We might as well go ahead and forfeit the 2019 season.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    You're right. Going to be very hard to replace 5 catches for 50 yards on the season.

He graduated so maybe he is going to grad school for a specific program we do not offer? My daughter loves Southern but when she graduates in a year she will likely go elsewhere for grad school.

Cunningham pulled his name from the portal.

Change of heart?

Cunningham pulled his name from the portal.

Change of heart?
    Vic told the crowd at the Savannah Alumni luncheon yesterday that Cunningham changed his mind, asked to rejoin the team, and went through the process the coaches put in place.

This came after a question about the portal, and Vic's response was about what you would expect. We're lucky to have someone who loves Georgia Southern coaching and molding young men. But he basically did confirm that when players go into the portal they are forfeiting their scholarship. I expect after this first year the process should normalize based on the number of players who enter the portal and don't receive the type of attention and offers they had hoped.

Can't judge our WR's by receiving stats since that is down on the list of things they are asked to do though. Obe is the first one that's a legit loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    Vic told the crowd at the Savannah Alumni luncheon yesterday that Cunningham changed his mind, asked to rejoin the team, and went through the process the coaches put in place.

This came after a question about the portal, and Vic's response was about what you would expect. We're lucky to have someone who loves Georgia Southern coaching and molding young men. But he basically did confirm that when players go into the portal they are forfeiting their scholarship. I expect after this first year the process should normalize based on the number of players who enter the portal and don't receive the type of attention and offers they had hoped.
    Glad to see Cunningham changed his mind. The decision to enter the portal was a head scratcher. A significant injury keeps your dream school away but a nice consolation is the most prolific run offense in FBS takes a chance on you. Work hard do right and keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Can't judge our WR's by receiving stats since that is down on the list of things they are asked to do though. Obe is the first one that's a legit loss.
    i think so too.

10. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    +1

This one hurts.