TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Thread: GSU football attendance over 5 years from 2013-2017

Default Re: GSU football attendance over 5 years from 2013-2017

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Think toothpaste.
    I never heard of any teams going by the name Crest. ;-)

Have we ever played any mouth wash teams?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

2. Default Re: GSU football attendance over 5 years from 2013-2017

Colgate

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Colgate
    NO WAY! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    GSU played UCF when we were both FCS. We had a10 game regulat season series + 1 playoff game. The last time we played UCF was in 1990, in a playoff game at Paulson under Tim Stowers. We beat them by the most points in the 11 games we played them. Something like GSU 40+points to UCF's 7 points.

UCF never won the FBS or 1aa NC. Florida's Governor, at the time, declared UCF the FBS National Champions, but not the NCAA.
    Well UGA claims a NC that the NCAA says someone else won (Ohio St, I think).
    So as long as they claim that, I'll support UCF's claim. They did one thing that neither team in the title game could do.. Beat Auburn on the first try. If we don't settle it on the field, what the #&!! are we doing???

And BYU is not a P5.
    No independent can make the Access Bowl from the G5 champion slot side. Does that make Liberty a P5?

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    So as long as they claim that, I'll support UCF's claim. They did one thing that neither team in the title game could do.. Beat Auburn on the first try. If we don't settle it on the field, what the #&!! are we doing???

And BYU is not a P5.
    No independent can make the Access Bowl from the G5 champion slot side. Does that make Liberty a P5?
    Are you saying that Ohio State won the NC the last year that Erk was DC at UGA? You'll have to show me more than one pole

Are you saying that Ohio State won the NC the last year that Erk was DC at UGA? You'll have to show me more than one pole
    Think 1950’s, Talon
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

No

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post

And BYU is not a P5.
    Your first paragraph is why I really hope the FBS goes to an 8 team playoff system. The winners of each P5 conference gets an auto bid & the open spots go to the top teams that are chosen by the NCAA based on merit & could be a G5 school if that school played a tough OOC schedule. The 5 auto bids take it out of the hands of who thinks who is best and relies on there conference outcome. The first round is played at the top seed home stadium. The final 4 go to the selected bowl sites for that year. Unlike FCS there will still be plenty of Bowls for the other FBS teams that deserve one can go to.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Think 1950’s, Talon
    I could have looked it up but I was hung up on Erk's last year at UGA.

Here is something I didn't know about UGA.

Claimed national championship

1920 – First-year head Herman Stegeman led the program to its second undefeated season, outscored opponents 250–17.
    1927 – Georgia's famous Dream and Wonder team led by George Woodruff went 9-1. This team was noted for having a win over 1920s power, Yale, in Connecticut. Georgia was ranked #1 going into its final game against rival Georgia Tech, where they were upset 12-0 in the rain. Even so, Georgia finished the season ranked #1 in two minor polls.[10]
    1942 – Georgia was chosen as champion by at least half of the recognized polls. Georgia was led by All-Americans Frank Sinkwich and end George Poschner, along with a young back named Charley Trippi. The Bulldogs knocked off 9 consecutive opponents and ranked No. 1 in the nation. Georgia earned a Rose Bowl bid after it blanked Georgia Tech 34–0 in Athens to end the regular season. Georgia then edged UCLA 9–0 in the Rose Bowl.
    1946 – Fueled by the return of Charley Trippi, the 1946 SEC Champion Bulldogs went 10-0, including a 20-10 win over North Carolina in the Sugar Bowl. Notre Dame finished the season ranked #1 in the majority of the polls, but the Williamson poll recognized Georgia as #1.[11]
    1968 – The 1968 Bulldogs won Vince Dooley's second SEC Championship as head coach, and finished the season undefeated. However the 8-0-2 Bulldogs tied twice, and then lost to Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl. The Litkenhous poll recognized them as National Champions.[12]
    1980 – The Bulldogs beat Notre Dame 17–10 in the Sugar Bowl to finish 12–0 and claim the National Championship. Notable contributors during the season included Herschel Walker, Buck Belue, and Lindsay Scott (Georgia was listed first by AP, Berryman, FACT, FB News, FW, Helms, National Championship Foundation, NFF, Poling, Sporting News, and UPI).