TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol in palson stadium. Do not read if you are under 21

Default Re: Alcohol in palson stadium. Do not read if you are under 21

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    IDK....but I nearly got banned for life by 22 for making a remark about SEG hiding a flask in her hoodie pocket and raised quite a fuss. this was a real long time ago and I don't think she posts here anymore, but still.....geez ...... a joke is a joke......

Can't make those kind of jokes no mo'
    I guess I don't see the humor in someone who is unable to make it for 3-4 hours without a drink. I don't mind a drink now and then... ask OF or anyone else I tailgate with... we all enjoy a beverage or 3. But if you've ever had someone get sick in your seating area inside the stadium, you know exactly why it's not funny or cool or welcome.

Additionally... I'm not sure it's a great idea to post ideas for sneaking in alcohol on a public forum where we all know GS admins have people watching. Great idea to let them know EXACTLY the things to look for at the gates.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    IDK....but I nearly got banned for life by 22 for making a remark about SEG hiding a flask in her hoodie pocket and raised quite a fuss. this was a real long time ago and I don't think she posts here anymore, but still.....geez ...... a joke is a joke......

Can't make those kind of jokes no mo'
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    I guess I don't see the humor in someone who is unable to make it for 3-4 hours without a drink. I don't mind a drink now and then... ask OF or anyone else I tailgate with... we all enjoy a beverage or 3. But if you've ever had someone get sick in your seating area inside the stadium, you know exactly why it's not funny or cool or welcome.

Additionally... I'm not sure it's a great idea to post ideas for sneaking in alcohol on a public forum where we all know GS admins have people watching. Great idea to let them know EXACTLY the things to look for at the gates.
    I was making a joke & this is Talon Talk. Since it was a joke you stating "Great idea to let them know EXACTLY the things to look for at the gates." doesn't matter unless you're going to try it. People sneak in Booze all the time. When you walk by the box seats they have there beer cans and Hard stuff out in the open so drinking does go on in Paulson. I thought up the catheter leg bag idea for fun. Also look at parts 1 & 2 of my post that makes it the catheter bag idea.

READ 1. & 2 again

(1) Fill one bag up with a white liquor like vodka and strap it to your right leg. Place 2oz of 180 proof in another bag, strap it to your left leg then insert the catheter into your bladder. This way you never have to leave your seat and miss a play.

(2) You poor the good stuff to your friends from your right leg. The opposing fans will ask what you are doing. You give one of them a shot of the good stuff. He tells his friends it’s the real deal. His friends want a shot of your vodka in their coke. You then keep giving them shots in their cups from your left leg. You’ve been drinking beer at your tailgate so you’ll be pissing clear. The 2oz 180 proof will make the urn smell like alcohol. Not only do you and your Gopher buds keep your buzz on but a sh!t eating grin throughout the game. You may ask yourself have you talon ever done this to App.State or Ga. State fans? – NO You can call it the Southern Lemonade GAG!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post

Ummm... yeah

This alcohol issue is what has caused me to end my support. I bought seats in 107 when it opened. At first, the "beer" had to stay in the back by the stand up table. Later they started letting people bring it to their seats. This created constant "up & down" traffic by people going and coming. The last straw for me was when some drunken idiot spilled beer on my grandson. I would have laid the guy out cold if someone had not stopped me.

I told the ticket office about this when they called me about my having not renewed.

They did not care.

After 37 years of support...……..I am done.

I may by a ticket and sit on the grass, but I am pulling back big time.

I did not go to a single basketball game, and I have not been to a baseball game.

Nothing good comes from alcohol!

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    This alcohol issue is what has caused me to end my support. I bought seats in 107 when it opened. At first, the "beer" had to stay in the back by the stand up table. Later they started letting people bring it to their seats. This created constant "up & down" traffic by people going and coming. The last straw for me was when some drunken idiot spilled beer on my grandson. I would have laid the guy out cold if someone had not stopped me.

I told the ticket office about this when they called me about my having not renewed.

They did not care.

I did not go to a single basketball game, and I have not been to a baseball game.

Thank you for all your support over the years. I am sorry to see you stop. Why didn’t you just move over to the Eagle Club where there is no alcohol?

They did not care.

Heck, probably half of us wouldn't have been conceived without alcohol.. but I get your point. Come on over to the home side. Its pretty tame over here.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Thank you for all your support over the years. I am sorry to see you stop. Why didn’t you just move over to the Eagle Club where there is no alcohol?
    I sit in a section where alcohol is served and there hasn't been any more traffic that I can see.

Now that doesn't mean it hasn't been a problem in his section, but I strongly suspect the issue is just a veneer for the real reasons he's abandoning the program, especially considering GRR's posting history.

I miss the close road games in the SoCon and the (declining but still there) excitement of the playoffs, but it's time to recognize we were past due to stop the stagnation in a subdivision we've out-grown.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Nothing good comes from alcohol. Lol.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

They did not care.

Has there bin a lot of intoxicated fans in your section that have become unruly? I can see how people moving up and down, passing in front of you constantly would be annoying.

Geecheeriverambler, If you dont like the section you're in do as Old Fart said - "Come on over to the home side. Its pretty tame over here." your a 37 year vet of GSU. Don't let your section dictate your support.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Or don't let one drunken idiot ruin years of support.

Honestly Geechee, what could the ticket office do that would have changed anything? It's unfortunate that a person sitting around you could not behave. But other than you moving seats because they got up and down a lot, what else would you have expected that would have been sufficient in your mind?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive