TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: More Transfer Portal fun.....

Default Re: More Transfer Portal fun.....

Lol. Clowney was 240 pounds coming out of high school. After 3 years in a college S&C program, he only could put up 20 reps at the combine. Clowney would have been murdered on the field in the NFL.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

To me there has been very few HS players that could go straight into NFL....like Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    To me there has been very few HS players that could go straight into NFL....like Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker maybe.
    +1, big step up from HS to college, bigger step up from college to NFL. I just dont see HS kids jumping from HS to NFL, this ain't basketball.

Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

"How Georgia college coaches scout the NCAA transfer portal"
    https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/h...LMT4qelP8juOJ/
    Spoiler alert: No GS.

I could definitely see this being true. When asked about the portal one college coach’s response was:

"A lot of small colleges are saying, 'I'll just go recruit the portal and stop signing kids.' … We would never do that because we're not bottom feeders. I've talked to some guys at that level -- I'm not going to repeat their names. They'll say, 'We're just going to save all our scholarships. Instead of signing a 25-man class, we'll sign five of the best high school players we can and then go sign 20 out of the portal.”

Now I wouldn’t see this being our strategy but I could definitely see some G5 coaches taking this stance. I think 5 HS to 20 Portal is a bit extreme of a ratio but I could see it being a 50/50 split or even a goal of 10 HS and 15 portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

There's nothing novel in this, except it used to be Jucos instead of D1 players. It's a dangerous way to build a program, and very few pulled it off. I don't expect that to change.