TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Softball vs State

  1. #11

    Default Re: Softball vs State

    Congrats to Hannah being named 1st team ALL SB at 3rd base!

  2. #12

    Default Re: Softball vs State

    Eagles are 1 and done. A down year and losing so key player, lots of work to be done with our softball program

  3. #13

    Default Re: Softball vs State

    Kleinfeld can sure hire.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  4. #14

    Default Re: Softball vs State

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Kleinfeld can sure hire.
    Gerry Glasco wanted and applied for the job........but I guess TK didn't think he was good enough, The Ragin Cajuns hired him after their head coach was let go before last season for off the field issues.
    Think about this - TK doesn't pick the most qualified coach that applied for the job, but one of the best softball programs in the country hires him a month or two later. In two seasons his team has gone 46-6 in the SunBelt and 88-20 overall.
    This year they are 25-0 in the Sunbelt and 47-4 overall. Thanks TK

  5. #15

    Default Re: Softball vs State

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Gerry Glasco wanted and applied for the job........but I guess TK didn't think he was good enough, The Ragin Cajuns hired him after their head coach was let go before last season for off the field issues.
    Think about this - TK doesn't pick the most qualified coach that applied for the job, but one of the best softball programs in the country hires him a month or two later. In two seasons his team has gone 46-6 in the SunBelt and 88-20 overall.
    This year they are 25-0 in the Sunbelt and 47-4 overall. Thanks TK
    How much is he getting paid though? Would we have been in the same area code when it comes to compensation?

    Softball/ Baseball is huge at ULL and gets the support that we don't give.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Softball vs State

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Gerry Glasco wanted and applied for the job........but I guess TK didn't think he was good enough, The Ragin Cajuns hired him after their head coach was let go before last season for off the field issues.
    Think about this - TK doesn't pick the most qualified coach that applied for the job, but one of the best softball programs in the country hires him a month or two later. In two seasons his team has gone 46-6 in the SunBelt and 88-20 overall.
    This year they are 25-0 in the Sunbelt and 47-4 overall. Thanks TK

    UL-L's conference record the last few seasons:
    2014: 19-1
    2015: 20-3
    2016: 21-2
    2017: 23-1
    2018: 21-6

    Glasgow still has as many conference losses as their last coach had in his last 3 seasons and last year lost as many conference games as they had since 2007. But let's condemn our coach one season after we over-achieved with the roster we had.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  7. #17

    Default Re: Softball vs State

    Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    How much is he getting paid though? Would we have been in the same area code when it comes to compensation?

    Softball/ Baseball is huge at ULL and gets the support that we don't give.
    What ULL is paying him wouldn't have mattered. The job at ULL job opened up until months after we hired our coach. He wanted to get back to Georgia and wanted the job. I agree that after two or three years other teams would have come calling with more money and he would have been gone, but that's what you have to live with. That's the life of a mid major program.

  8. #18

    Default Re: Softball vs State

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    UL-L's conference record the last few seasons:
    2014: 19-1
    2015: 20-3
    2016: 21-2
    2017: 23-1
    2018: 21-6

    Glasgow still has as many conference losses as their last coach had in his last 3 seasons and last year lost as many conference games as they had since 2007. But let's condemn our coach one season after we over-achieved with the roster we had.
    ULL record proves my point. One of the best programs in the county hire a guy that wanted our job and we turned down. At 21-6 they still finished 1st in the sunbelt and improved in year 2 under the guy. When was the last time UL'L was perfect in the sunbelt?

    I wouldn't say our coach over achieved with the roster she had last year........Annie was 12-15 in conference in 2017 and got fired, Dean was 12-15 in 2018. 2019 we were 9-17 not the direction you want to be going in esp. when most of your top players are not coming back next season.

  9. #19

    Default Re: Softball vs State

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    ULL record proves my point. One of the best programs in the county hire a guy that wanted our job and we turned down. At 21-6 they still finished 1st in the sunbelt and improved in year 2 under the guy. When was the last time UL'L was perfect in the sunbelt?
    How does it prove your point? All it tells me is you're ignoring the context and acting like an undefeated season in a year when the league is down is some huge accomplishment at UL when 6 conference losses was the most they had had in 10 seasons.

    Also, when you wanted us to hire the North Georgia coach are you really going to act like it was a mistake to go after a successful DII coach when we could have hired this guy based on some post hoc judgement?

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I wouldn't say our coach over achieved with the roster she had last year........Annie was 12-15 in conference in 2017 and got fired, Dean was 12-15 in 2018. 2019 we were 9-17 not the direction you want to be going in esp. when most of your top players are not coming back next season.
    We improved our overall record with our top pitcher leaving for an SEC team. So yes, I would argue that we overachieved. I'm disappointed we didn't win more this season but I don't remember you complaining last season.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  10. #20

    Default Re: Softball vs State

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I wouldn't say our coach over achieved with the roster she had last year........Annie was 12-15 in conference in 2017 and got fired, Dean was 12-15 in 2018. 2019 we were 9-17 not the direction you want to be going in esp. when most of your top players are not coming back next season.
    I seem to remember that Coach Smith wasn't terminated totally based on her record in 2017. There were discussions of team discord and underclassmen such as Witkowski (Hofstra) and Raley (South Carolina) leaving the program.

Similar Threads

  1. softball vs utc
    By sportsperson1983 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11th May 2012, 08:50 PM
  2. softball vs app st
    By sportsperson1983 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11th May 2012, 12:22 PM
  3. Softball
    By McEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 9th May 2012, 05:16 PM
  4. Softball
    By McEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th March 2009, 10:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •