TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Softball vs State

Default Re: Softball vs State

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I seem to remember that Coach Smith wasn't terminated totally based on her record in 2017. There were discussions of team discord and underclassmen such as Witkowski (Hofstra) and Raley (South Carolina) leaving the program.
    that is true and we are having some to those same problems under Dean.........I think that's just the nature of college players today........football, basketball, softball etc.
    We also let one of our assistance coaches go this year during the middle of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    How does it prove your point? All it tells me is you're ignoring the context and acting like an undefeated season in a year when the league is down is some huge accomplishment at UL when 6 conference losses was the most they had had in 10 seasons.

Also, when you wanted us to hire the North Georgia coach are you really going to act like it was a mistake to go after a successful DII coach when we could have hired this guy based on some post hoc judgement?

We improved our overall record with our top pitcher leaving for an SEC team. So yes, I would argue that we overachieved. I'm disappointed we didn't win more this season but I don't remember you complaining last season.
    My point is that one of the best softball programs in the county hire the guy that wanted our job. ULL knows what they are doing when it comes to softball and after year 2 it looks like a smart hire. year one was down a tab by their standards, but they had some internal issues and that's why the head coach was fired shortly before the season started.

The North Georgia coach is a very good coach. A proven winner and program builder. I have no problem hiring proven DII coaches.

I have always hoped Dean would do a good job and thought she did last season based on the roster but year 2 was a step back

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    My point is that one of the best softball programs in the county hire the guy that wanted our job. ULL knows what they are doing when it comes to softball and after year 2 it looks like a smart hire. year one was down a tab by their standards, but they had some internal issues and that's why the head coach was fired shortly before the season started.

The North Georgia coach is a very good coach. A proven winner and program builder. I have no problem hiring proven DII coaches.

I have always hoped Dean would do a good job and thought she did last season based on the roster but year 2 was a step back
    They don't win because "they know what they're doing in softball", they win because they've invest a lot in it and have a softball park that's better than most DI baseball parks. I'm not convinced our coach couldn't go over there and lose only 6 conference games in two seasons (pretty much par for the course the way they've been winning).
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    They don't win because "they know what they're doing in softball", they win because they've invest a lot in it and have a softball park that's better than most DI baseball parks. I'm not convinced our coach couldn't go over there and lose only 6 conference games in two seasons (pretty much par for the course the way they've been winning).
    really.......We invest a lot in Football and TS sure couldn't win here