TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HS Football Championship To Gag....

1. Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

Hey I never knew that Eagles liked saltines too..I thought that was only parrots.
    The awesome part is that football operations will be done and fully functional so recruits...umm..students will get to see one of the best facilities in the G5. The scoreboard is scheduled to be repaired by the fall also. As far as concessions we'll see if it improves any, but in any event we have the best neutral site field to hold an event of that size other than MB. You know Tech wouldn't want kids tearing up "historic" Grant Field and Paulson doesn't have the infrastructure.

Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

Quote Originally Posted by Realgsu1974 View Post
    Hey I never knew that Eagles liked saltines too..I thought that was only parrots.
    The awesome part is that football operations will be done and fully functional so recruits...umm..students will get to see one of the best facilities in the G5. The scoreboard is scheduled to be repaired by the fall also. As far as concessions we'll see if it improves any, but in any event we have the best neutral site field to hold an event of that size other than MB. You know Tech wouldn't want kids tearing up "historic" Grant Field and Paulson doesn't have the infrastructure.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Put the championships back at the campus. The whole reason for this was the Atlanta-centric GPB broadcasting.

The population centers around the country like Atlanta are antithetical to the spirit of high school football which is the biggest event most towns in America, certainly Georgia, have.

I've had great experiences traveling to Hawkinsville, Lincolnton, and Homerville to watch State Championships. Also got to see one at Paulson.
    Keep the games in Atlanta, no one wants to be punished and sent to places like Lincolnton lol.
    Chris Booth
    Class of '09
    Hail Southern and nobody else!

Paulson hosted a State Championship game before our expansion with Statesboro High playing Northside Warner Robins. It also hosts multiple games in the Erk Russell Classic every year.

Make sure the pipe organ is working for Take Me Out to the Ball Game. Bet the high-school football crowds get a kick out of that.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

5. Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

Rural teams also had an advantage because of on campus stadiums whereas Metro school mostly play in shared county stadiums. In 1991 it inhale vigorouslyed when we had to go play Cartersville in the state championship on their field.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Paulson hosted a State Championship game before our expansion with Statesboro High playing Northside Warner Robins. It also hosts multiple games in the Erk Russell Classic every year.

Make sure the pipe organ is working for Take Me Out to the Ball Game. Bet the high-school football crowds get a kick out of that.
    Rural teams also had an advantage because of on campus stadiums whereas Metro school mostly play in shared county stadiums. In 1991 it inhale vigorouslyed when we had to go play Cartersville in the state championship on their field.
    It's nice to have a Panther on this board. Not many post here. Keep comming back.

I'd like to see you and some other Panthers visit the Talon Talk board the week before the GSU vs Ga. State game!

You know, just for kicks. ;-)
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

I am not sure I see this helping with your recruiting....per your own message board CSE does not recruit GA players, particularly metro Atlanta (but do not dare ask him about it!).

Seriously it is an opportunity to showcase your facility to the HS players...if your AD folks don't muck it up, which they have a tendency to do.

8. Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

Welcome back!

I haven’t noticed you trolling much since we kicked your kitty teeth in up at that dumpster by the interstate....

Been a bit quiet.

I guess maybe it’s tough when you don’t have any actual fellow fans to debate/critique with.... at least none who can read.

9. Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

Play what?

Lawn darts?

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I am not sure I see this helping with your recruiting....per your own message board CSE does not recruit GA players, particularly metro Atlanta (but do not dare ask him about it!).

Seriously it is an opportunity to showcase your facility to the HS players...if your AD folks don't muck it up, which they have a tendency to do.
    Recruiting for Ga. State?

It may help some because the can tour the campus, but the best players know what schools they will apply to. Gag may pick up two or three 2 star or 3 star players.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed